Google AdSense is one of the best ways for beginner bloggers to monetize their blog and start making money from it. It is a program designed by Google that places advertisements on your blog in exchange for a share of the advertising revenue from those advertisements.
But before you begin, there are a few things you need to know about Google AdSense as a blogger: Is it worth your time? What are the pros and cons? Do you need special software or a HTML code to get started?
Are there any risks associated with using it? And most importantly, how can you begin making money with Google AdSense right away? Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about making money with AdSense as a blogger.
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is an online advertising program created by Google. This system places advertisements on your blog, and you earn money every time those ads are clicked on. As a blogger, you can place these ads on your website, videos, apps, and social media accounts.
This is a smart way to monetize your blog and start making money from it. AdSense is a self-serve program. This means that you don’t have to apply for the program or deal with an agent or anyone else to get started.
You simply log into your account and select the type of ad you want to display on your site. You can also select what type of ad content you want to allow on your site. You also have complete control over the amount of money you make from your site as well.
How does Google AdSense work?
First, you need to sign up for a Google AdSense account. Once you do, Google will pop up a code that you can add to your blog. The code will look similar to this: Once you have the code on your blog, the next step is to wait for people to click on the ads on your site.
When someone clicks on the ad, you earn money from the click. The amount you earn will depend on the type of ad that was clicked on. When people click on the ad, Google pays you a share of the money from the advertiser.
Interestingly, here is a summary of how google adsense work:
- You make your ad spaces available.
- The highest paying ads appear on your site.
- You get paid.
Google AdSense requirements
The first thing you need to know about Google AdSense is that there are specific requirements for the type of content you can display ads on. You need to make sure that the content on your site is suitable for advertising.
Google will not display ads on sites that contain pornography, gambling related content, or other adult related content. The type of content you publish on your blog will also affect the amount of money you can make with AdSense.
Is Google AdSense worth your time?
Now that we’ve discussed how Google AdSense works and the requirements needed to use it, let’s talk a little bit more about if it’s even worth your time. There are a few things to keep in mind before deciding if AdSense is right for your blog. The first is the amount of traffic you get to your site.
If you don’t get enough traffic to your site, then the likelihood of someone clicking on the ads is slim. It’s important that you have a good amount of traffic to your site in order for AdSense to work well for you.
Another thing to consider is the niche you’re in. It’s best to be in a niche that is suitable for advertising. For example, if you’re in a niche like parenting, there will be less companies that want to advertise on your site. This means you won’t earn as much money as someone who is in a niche that is suitable for advertising, like fashion or sports.
Pros of using Google AdSense
- Easy to get started – You don’t need to make a lot of extra effort to get started with AdSense. You simply need to add a few lines of code to your site and wait for the ads to start rolling in.
- There’s no shortage of advertisers – There are millions of advertisers that want to advertise online. As a blogger, this means there will always be plenty of ads for you to earn money from.
- You get paid quickly – Google pays you monthly for the ads on your site. You don’t have to wait very long to receive your share of the money from each ad click.
- You have to create your own content – Some blogging niches require you to create a lot of new content on a regular basis. If you want to make any money from your blog, this can be a very time-consuming task. AdSense allows you to earn money without having to create new content.
Cons of using Google AdSense
- Ads on your site can affect your reader experience – Some readers may find the ads on your site a bit distracting or annoying and avoid reading your content.
- You don’t make a lot of money – The more traffic you get to your site, the less likely it is that people will click the ads. This means you don’t make a lot of money from each ad click.
- It’s difficult to get a large amount of traffic to your site – This is particularly true if you’re in a niche that doesn’t get a lot of traffic. If this is the case, it might be difficult to earn any money from AdSense.
- You generally need to write about hot topics – One of the ways you can get more traffic to your site is by writing about hot topics that are trending online. This can be difficult, and it may be hard to predict what will become a hot topic.
How to start making money with Google AdSense?
As we mentioned above, the first thing you need to do is sign up for a Google AdSense account. Not only will this get you started using AdSense on your site, but it will also give you access to valuable information and statistics about your site. Here are the steps to start making money with Google AdSense:
- Set up your website
- Use nice and simple theme for your blog
- Ensure to add necessary menus
- Write quality contents
- Now, you will have to apply for google AdSense via https://www.google.com/adsense/start/
- Add the required code to your website header or you can choose to use google site kit
- Once you are done, wait for google to verify your website.
Those are the steps you need to follow to get started with google adsense. It is that simple and easy. Once you got approved, ads will start appearing on your website and you can start earning from your website traffic.
3 Important Things to Know About Google AdSense
- AdSense is not only available for websites based in the United States – This means that if you have a blog based outside of the United States, you will be able to use AdSense.
- AdSense doesn’t pay upfront – If you make a certain amount of money through AdSense, Google will take a certain percentage of that money. You will receive the rest of the money at the end of the month in your bank account.
- AdSense doesn’t pay you a set amount – The amount of money you earn from AdSense will vary depending on the amount of traffic you get to your site and the types of ads displayed on it.
7 Steps to Start Earning Money With Google AdSense
- Create a Google AdSense account – Once you have an account, you can log into it and add your website. You’ll have to add the code Google provides on your website to get started.
- Add the AdSense code to your site – This is the easiest way to start earning money with AdSense. Simply log into your Google AdSense account, click on the “Site Content” tab, and select “Edit” next to your blog.
- Create appealing content – The content on your site should be engaging and valuable to readers. If you want to make more money from AdSense, you’ll need to create content that is appealing to advertisers.
- Make sure there are no misspellings in the content on your site – Google looks at the content on your site when deciding where to place ads. If there are misspellings in the content, you’ll miss out on potential ad clicks.
- Keep an eye on your statistics – This will help you decide if you’re using AdSense correctly. By keeping an eye on your statistics, you’ll know if you need to make any adjustments to your AdSense account.
How Much Money Can You Make With Google AdSense?
The amount of money you earn from AdSense will depend on a few different things. The first is your traffic. The more traffic you get to your site, the more likely people are to click on the ads.
This means that the more traffic you get to your site, the more money you’ll earn from AdSense. Another thing you’ll want to get more earning via google adsense is your cpc. When you have keywords that has high click through rate, cpc, your earnings will be great.