Social media has changed the game when it comes to dating. From meeting potential dates online to learning their interests and getting a glimpse into their life, apps like Tinder, Bumble, and even Instagram have made it easier than ever to meet new people.
But one specific type of dating app that is growing in popularity among millennials is known as “Facebook dating” or “Facebook friend finder dating.”
Whether you are an old-school romantic or a modern cynic, there’s something to be said for meeting your future partner online — especially if you use these sites specifically to find your soulmate! Here’s what you need to know about Facebook dating before diving in yourself…
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook dating is a social networking website that allows users to create an online dating profile and search public profiles to find a potential date.
This service is only available to users over the age of 18. It is free to create an account, but you are not pay to promote your profile, or to see who has viewed it.
Why is Facebook Dating a Thing?
Facebook dating is a phenomenon that is seeing a rise in popularity because people have such a vast social network and such a large amount of information about each other. This information is great for finding out facts about someone before meeting them, but it doesn’t always tell you if you two are a good match.
Facebook dating accounts for that by allowing you to select people to view your profile and allowing you to select people who view your profile. This way, you can get to know your potential dates without revealing your identity, and you can decide if you two are a good match before meeting in person.
You can view information such as where they went to school, what their career is, and if they have children.
How to Find Your Soulmate on Facebook
As you create your Facebook dating profile, you’ll want to make sure you choose pictures that show you at your best and include a short bio that expresses your personality. You can then search for people who are a good match for you.
To find potential dates, you can use the search function on Facebook or you can use one of the many Facebook dating apps. These apps let you see public information such as where people went to school, what their career is, and if they have children.
You can select people based on these facts and view pictures of their activities, likes and interests. If you two seem like a good match, you can send them a message and start a conversation.
Pros of Facebook Dating
- You get to see a person’s entire life before meeting them. You can see what they like to do, who they associate with, and where they’ve been. This can give you a better idea of what type of person they are so you can decide if they are a good match for you.
- You can decide if someone is a good match for you before revealing your identity. Sometimes, people meet each other and don’t like each other in person, but they can’t break off the relationship because they revealed their identity too soon. With Facebook dating, you can decide if the other person is a good match for you without revealing your identity.
- You can make a dating profile without being embarrassed. Some people are too embarrassed to create a dating profile on regular dating websites. If you use Facebook dating, you don’t have to feel this way.
- You can see if they are a good match for you until meeting them. With regular dating websites, you can see what a person’s interests are and what type of person they are. You can decide if they are a good match for you before meeting them in person. With Facebook dating, you can see what they are like until they view your profile and you view theirs.
Cons of Dating via Facebook
- You can’t control who views your profile. While it’s true that you can choose who views your profile, there are many people who view your profile who you don’t want viewing it. A person could view your profile and decide they want to meet you, even if you don’t want to meet them.
- You can waste a lot of time on dating apps. People who use these apps often spend a lot of time swiping, which means they are going through profile after profile without any thought as to whether or not they want to meet someone. If you spend a lot of time on these apps, you can end up wasting a lot of time.
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
When someone views your profile, you’ll get a notification letting you know. If you like their profile, you can choose to “like” it, which will send the person a notification that you like their profile. If you two like each other’s profiles, you can start a conversation via the dating app or send a message via Facebook.
Many dating apps have a “swipe right” or “swipe left” feature that lets you decide if you like or dislike a person’s profile. If you like the person’s profile, you swipe right; if you don’t like their profile, you swipe left. The dating app will keep track of how many people you like and how many people like you.
The dating app will show you people who like you, and you can decide if you like them back. You can also see who likes you who you don’t like back. You can decide if you want to ignore them, “unlike” them, or “block” them.
Once you like someone on facebook dating and the person in return like you back, you can start a conversation with the person.
Why Are People Using Facebook For Dating?
People use Facebook dating because it’s convenient and easy to use, and it gives you a lot of information about a potential date before meeting them in person. Many people use dating apps to find a relationship, but there are also many people who use Facebook dating to find friends.
If you use Facebook dating to find friends, you can select people who view your profile and send them a message explaining what you’re looking for. If you two hit it off, you can meet in person and become friends.
Should You Try Facebook Dating?
If you want to meet someone new and you’re tired of online dating, Facebook dating might be a good option for you. You can find someone who likes you for who you are without revealing your identity before meeting them. If you want to meet someone for a romantic relationship, you can create a dating profile on Facebook and find someone who likes you and meets your criteria.
If you want to find friends, you can create your dating profile and select people who view your profile. You can then send them a message explaining what you’re looking for and see if they are interested. You can also try joining a Facebook dating group.
These groups allow you to meet new people and have discussions with them. You can also send messages to people in the group who you are interested in.
How To Create Facebook Dating Account
To create a Facebook dating account, you first need to create a Facebook account. Creating a Facebook account is free and you can create it by going to Facebook.com and clicking “Sign Up.” Once you are done with facebook account creation, you can follow the below steps to create a facebook dating profile:
- Open your facebook app on your mobile device
- Next, login your facebook app
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap dating from the dropdown menu
- Fill out the account registration form
- Enter your interest and location
- Submit the form once you are done
Now, facebook dating will carry out the matching for you and you can always check through your matches and like the profile account you want.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook dating account.