While dating applications like Tinder, Hinge, Bumble, and many others are more or less overrun with singles, Facebook has its own dating service built right inside the Facebook mobile app.
Despite having a small user base, it is a compelling alternative since it makes advantage of the Facebook audience already in place and promises to make it simpler for you to meet people who are interested in the same things you are. Furthermore, Facebook Dating is absolutely free; there are no extra features hidden behind a paywall, in contrast to practically every other dating app.
How to activate Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating cannot be accessed through a web browser or on a computer; it is only accessible through mobile apps (Android, iOS). But accessing the dating app is straightforward:
- Start the Facebook app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the three-line menu.
3. In the All Shortcuts section, look for Dating. If you don’t see it, scroll down and tap See More.
5. Tap Get Started.
6. Follow the instructions to set up your dating profile. Facebook imports a lot of details from your Facebook profile, but you can specify which items become a part of the new profile. To change an item, tap the Pencil, and to remove it from your profile entirely, tap the X.
7. Continue to progress through the profile setup. You can specify details like your height, whether you have kids, and if you want to use location services so Facebook Dating can match you with other local people.
8. When you’re done, tap Confirm to publish your profile.
How to use Facebook Dating
If you’ve used any other dating applications, Facebook Dating should be a natural fit for you. You may always return to your profile from your shortcuts in the three-line menu once you’ve finished setting it up, just as you did when you first created it. How to use the dating app is as follows:
At the top of the page, you’ll see three buttons: Profile, Liked you, and Matches. There’s also a Gear icon at the top right.
The image of your potential mate occupies the majority of the page. You can tap the Heart or X buttons to like or dislike a profile, but you should tap the photo if you want additional details before choosing. You may now see all the details and additional photos. Like other dating apps, you can swipe right to like and left to detest by tapping the like or dislike icons.
There are several additional options under the “More to Explore” section.
- Second Look: Tap this button to see profiles you previously disliked. Unlike most other dating apps, this gives you another opportunity to review and like a profile you passed on.
- Events in Common: Facebook gives you the opportunity to match with people based on Facebook Events you signed up for. It can suggest possible matches if you both attended the same event.
- Groups in Common: Likewise, Facebook can pair you with people who are members of the same Facebooks Groups you belong to.
- Secret Crush: Is there someone on Facebook you’re interested in romantically? Tap this button to have the opportunity to select a Facebook friend or Instagram follower — you can add up to nine at any one time. If you do, that person will be notified that they have a secret crush. If that person also marks you as a crush, your identity will be revealed.