There are currently 1.94 billion monthly active users of Facebook . Did you know that? That’s a lot of people! And, if you’ve been ignoring this user base as a marketing tool, it’s time to change that.
If you have a business, non-profit organization, or even online shop – there’s no reason why you should be ignoring the popularity and reach of Facebook.
It’s a fantastic way to get your message out there – particularly the scope of targeting specific users based on age, interests, likes, etc… This article will give you some tips on how you can make the most of Facebook as a marketing tool.
Introduction to Facebook Marketing
Before we go any further, it’s important to define what Facebook marketing actually is. Facebook marketing is any strategy or tactic used to promote a product or service through Facebook or other social media sites. It’s all about getting your product or service in front of the right people – and Facebook is a great way to do that.
And, it doesn’t have to just be about promoting your product or service. It can also be used to provide helpful or educational content to your followers, drive traffic to your website, or generate leads. You just have to be creative and target the right people.
Facebook Advertising Basics
Facebook advertising is the process of promoting your posts, products, or services directly on Facebook via ‘boosted posts’ or ‘ads’. There are many different types of ads you can create, and each can be tailored to the audience you want to reach.
The best part about Facebook ads is the targeting. You are able to select exactly who you want to see your ad. This is the reason Facebook ads are so popular among brands. There are two main ways to create Facebook ads:
- Boosted Posts (free)
- Facebook Ads (paid)
Create Great Content for Facebook
In order to get clicks, likes, and shares, you need to create great content. Most will agree that it’s important to make your content great, but many don’t know how to do that. If you want to become successful on Facebook, you need to create content that people love! And, there are a few things you can do to make this more likely.
- Be authentic – Be yourself – Don’t try to be something you’re not. Your followers will appreciate the authenticity, and you’ll be more likely to make genuine connections with others.
- Use your own words – You don’t want to copy and paste other peoples’ content. You want to make it your own.
- Make your content shareable – This can mean a lot of things. You can create infographics, funny images, or videos. You want to make content that people want to share with their friends – and Facebook is the best place to do this!
Utilize Facebook Events
Another great way to get your content in front of followers is to use Facebook events. If you have an event, or you want to create an event, then you can utilize this within Facebook.
It’ll be a place for people to click ‘interested’, ‘going’, or even host the event. Event-goers will be added to a group where they can post comments and photos.
This creates a great way for people to converse and interact with each other! And, you can also create ads to promote your event. This gives you the opportunity to promote your brand and products to people who are interested in attending your event.
Take Advantage of the Facebook Ads Platform
If you choose to go the paid route, you can use the Facebook Ads platform to create great ads that drive clicks and conversions. The cool thing about Facebook Ads is that you can actually see how your campaign is performing. You can see the demographics, the engagement, and the cost.
This way, you can tweak and change your campaign as necessary. The best part about Facebook Ads is that you have the ability to create different ads for different demographics. You can even create multiple ads for the same demographic.
This gives you a lot of control and flexibility when it comes to your ad campaign. You can create ads to drive people to your website, generate app installs, get more followers, increase engagement, or even raise funds for your non-profit.
Have a Compelling Bio & Photo
People might click on your posts, but how will they know who you are? This is where your Facebook Bio comes into play. The good news is that you can edit your bio as often as you want.
So, if you want to change it up and make it more compelling, you can do so at any time! And, don’t forget to include a photo! Your photo should be professional and reflect the brand that you’re trying to build.
You can also utilize your cover photo. If you’re unsure what to write in your bio or cover photo, try these a few ideas: – What your business does – Who your target market is – How your product or service can help – Who you are as a brand
Facebook Advertising: Why and How
When you create an ad, you have the opportunity to select an objective. There are currently six different objectives that you can choose from. They are:
- Website clicks
- App installs
- Social interaction
These objectives guide the ad towards a certain goal. Once you select your objective, you’ll be asked to choose a campaign objective. This is just a larger campaign that encompasses different ads.
- Website clicks – Website clicks will send people to your website. This is particularly useful if you’re running an online store and want to send people to your sales page.
- App installs – This objective will drive installs of your app. If you have a mobile app, this is a great way to get new people to download and use it. The best part about app installs is that you don’t have to pay for them. This is a free way to get your app out there!
- Engagement – The engagement objective focuses on getting people to interact with your post. You can use this to collect emails, ask questions, or anything else you think would get people to engage.
- Conversions – This objective is used to track sales or leads. For example, if you sell dog collars, you can create an ad that sends people to a page where they can buy dog collars.
- Social interaction – This objective is all about getting people to comment and engage on your posts. This will help your post show up higher in people’s feeds, and it will give you the opportunity to respond to questions.
- Fundraising – If you’re running a non-profit, this objective is perfect for you. You can create an ad that directs people to a fundraising page. This way, you can raise money without ever leaving Facebook!
If you’re a brand that has been around for a while, you might remember a time when the number of podcasts being released was a lot lower than it is now. Podcasting is a great way to engage with your customers and create a more personal relationship with them.
It also allows you to create more content and keep your brand in the spotlight for longer. If you want to start a podcast but don’t know where to begin, there are a lot of great tools that can make the process easier.
One of the easiest ways to get started is by using a service like Spoke. Spoke makes it easy to create and distribute your podcast. You can publish episodes to iTunes, Google Podcasts, and more.
It also makes it easy to moderate comments and track stats for your show. And, it’s free to start a podcast with Spoke. So, there’s really no reason not to give it a try!
As you can see, there are a ton of ways you can make the most of Facebook as a marketing tool. You just have to be creative and know how to go about it.