Dating On Facebook: Dating as we know it may be outdated, but that doesn’t mean it’s no longer applicable. You just have to know how to implement it. These days, people are looking for more than just a hookup.
They have their own standards and expectations when it comes to dating. They want to feel comfortable and have that ‘meeting of the minds’ before going any further. That’s why we’re going to give you some great advice on how to get the most out of dating on Facebook.
Are you tired of swiping left on potential dates and wondering why your dating life is so bleak? Do you wish you had access to the third option instead of a measly swipe? Fear not, fair maiden.
You’re in luck because you’ll discover how to get the best of dating on Facebook! We’ll explain the ins and outs of dating outside of your best friend, and even give you practical tips to ensure you start an awesome dating streak. Read on to learn more about how to get the best of dating on Facebook, your future paramours, and yourself!
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a new feature on the social media platform that allows you to match with people based on their interests. Much like any other dating app, Facebook Dating matches you with people who are within a specified radius of your location. You can see things like photos and pages they’ve liked from their profile, and also start up conversations.
You might be wondering what makes this different from the rest? Facebook has spent years building up a list of information about you: where you work, what you like, who your friends are, etc. They use it to find matches that are close in proximity to where you live or work.
How to Get the Best of Dating on Facebook
Dating on Facebook is a new phenomenon and it’s been gaining traction for the past few years. The app, Hinge, was founded in 2012 with the sole purpose of helping people find friends to date. You can even find out who you may have gone to high school with on this dating app!
With Hinge, you can choose your preferences and then they will send you matches every day at noon. The matches are based off of your location and the information that you supplied about yourself when creating an account.
This matchmaking service is a great way to meet people who are looking for something more than just a one night stand. Now, let’s talk about some ways that you can get the best of dating on Facebook and improve your chances of meeting someone with similar interests as you:
- Don’t be afraid to use pictures from other social media platforms
- Be open to different types of people
- Be yourself Facebook is becoming an everyday part of our lives and so is dating on Facebook. If you want to get the best of dating on Facebook, start by getting out there!
Tips for Successful Facebook Dating
- Don’t Be Afraid to Be Yourself When it comes to dating, be yourself. It may seem cliché, but the best way to find someone who truly understands you is to be yourself. There’s nothing wrong with crafting a persona that highlights your best qualities and hides your faults, but make sure you know the difference between being an image on Facebook and actually being your authentic self.
- Brand Yourself In order to get the best of dating on Facebook, brand yourself. Your profile says a lot about what kind of person you are, so don’t let it say anything less than flattering. If you want to attract more people, put up pictures of your favorite things or places, share your accomplishments and goals with the world, or show off that great sense of humor! You never know what might strike a chord with someone else.
- Be Selective Don’t be afraid to eliminate people if they aren’t a good fit for you. The first few steps are critical in determining whether someone is worth your time or not; don’t waste any time with those who aren’t right for you. If they can’t even take the time to ask questions or write something interesting in their short bio section, they probably won’t have much more going on that makes them great date material anyways!
The Rules of Dating on Facebook
There are some unspoken rules of Facebook dating that you should know before getting down to business.
1) Don’t share your relationship status. Unless you’re in an open relationship, don’t share your relationship status on Facebook because it will give away your hand. This is just like playing poker and flashing your cards around; people will know who they need to avoid!
2) Keep it light. You’re out there looking for a date, not a husband or wife. Remember to keep things lighthearted and casual. You want someone you can talk to, not someone who’s all business from the get go.
3) Be careful with the messenger. When messaging back and forth on Facebook messenger, be aware of what you say if you want to ensure that any potential dates still like you when they meet up in person! Be mindful of how much information is revealed about yourself through messages – make sure you’re always coming off as fun and flirty!
4) Always have a backup plan. We’ve all been there: we start talking to someone online, things seem promising for a few days, then suddenly nothing. If this happens, don’t fret because there are still many fish in the sea! Having a backup plan helps prevent heartbreak and keeps morale high so that you can continue swiping left until something clicks (wink).
Your Profile is Key to Getting the Best of Dating on Facebook
The most important aspect of dating on Facebook is your profile. Your profile is what makes you an individual, so it’s vital that it stands out from the rest. When people visit your profile, they should be able to tell who you are and what you’re all about! And to do that, we recommend checking out these 5 tips:
- Create a catchy bio
- Post interesting photos
- Include links to your social media or blog posts
- Be yourself
- Stay active with your followers
Don’t Be Afraid to Meet Up
Online dating can be a bit different than traditional methods of dating, but don’t let that scare you away. You still have the opportunity to meet people in real life, which is arguably the most important aspect of starting a successful relationship. Even though you’re not chatting with your potential date over the phone or going on a date via text message, meeting up is possible.
One way to make sure you meet up is by using Facebook events. If you have mutual friends on Facebook who have set up an event, and it sounds like something that interests both of you, send them a message and ask if you can join them.
This will give your potential date a chance to get to know you in person before going on any more dates. And if they aren’t interested? No harm done!
Create a Strong First impression
It’s important to make a good first impression on your Facebook dating profile. This means making sure you have a good photo, a short, but catchy bio, and that you don’t say anything too personal.
Know What You’re Looking For
The first step to getting the best of dating on Facebook is figuring out what you’re looking for. It might seem like a silly question, but it’s actually really important. You need to have a proper understanding of your needs in order to get the best of dating on Facebook.
Do you want someone who shares your interests? Is it important that they live close by? What about their education level? These details will impact the type of people you find on Facebook and how you go about finding them.
How to Get the Best of Dating on Facebook
Facebook is known for facilitating connections, and it’s not just your friends and family. In the past few years, Facebook has taken on a new role in people’s dating lives. Whether or not you’re single, you may have noticed that there are plenty of people on Facebook looking for love.
But with so many different tactics to find a potential mate, how do you know which is best? You could start by sitting down at a computer (or opening up the app on your phone) and poking through your timeline.
This option is no doubt the most passive—and let’s face it, least likely to result in an actual date—but it can be fun if you’re bored and want to see what everyone else is doing. You can even add a special filter to your search function to find matches interested in similar likes as you!
Keep Conversation Going
If you want to keep the conversation going with your potential date, then you should try to find something that interests both of you. Whether it’s a funny meme or an article that makes sense to both of you, stay on topic and try not to overwhelm the other person with all the things they do not know about you.
Pose a Question
Dating on Facebook can be fun and exciting, but it can be confusing too. You don’t know what to do or say. You’re just hoping that this person you’re talking to has the same interests as you. When you pose a question, you’re opening up the conversation and making it more personal.
This question can be anything from, “What’s your favorite type of food?” to “How would you describe yourself?” This will help you get to know the person a little better and get the conversation flowing.
Show You’re Interested
This is a no-brainer. Anyone who is dating you has been putting themselves out there and taking the risk of someone dating them back. So, when you’re interested in them, you have to show it. You can do it in a number of different ways. The most basic way is to like their posts. Another way is to comment on their posts and ask questions. The more personal you get, the better. It shows that you’re interested, and it makes the other person feel good.
This might be the most important thing to remember. Remember, dating is not a lie. It’s not about hiding who you really are, but about being honest about who you are and where you’re at in your life. If you’re not ready to tell them everything, then don’t. If you do, then you have to be honest with what you’re saying and how you’re saying it. Don’t just say things because you think it’s what you should say. Be true to yourself and the other person will most likely reciprocate.
This one is simple. If you want someone to date you, then you’ve got to be active in the dating process. You’ve got to be a part of the conversation, even if it’s just a one-word answer. You can’t just sit there and hope they’ll talk to you. You have to be proactive and put yourself out there. This is a two-way street.
If you’re not getting any responses from the person who you’re interested in, then you have to add other people. This is just as important. Even if you’re not interested in someone, you can still add them as a friend on Facebook. It’s a great way to start a conversation.
Don’t Be Too Extroverted
It’s important to be outgoing, but you’ve got to be selective about it. You can’t be too pushy or come across as desperate. People usually get turned off when you try to be too breezy or overly friendly. You have to find that balance between being outgoing and being friendly.
If you’re being too outgoing or coming across too friendly, then you have to tone it down. It’s important to be outgoing, but you’ve got to be selective about it. You can’t be too pushy or come across as desperate.
Don’t Be Too Introverted
This is a little bit different from the last tip. You have to show some personality and let the other person know who you are. However, you don’t have to let the whole world know about it. People want to get to know you.
They want to hear about your interests and see that you’re just like them. Don’t just keep talking about yourself and your life. Ask questions about the other person and let them talk about themselves. This will help you get to know them better.