The dating scene has changed a lot from the days of asking someone out with a letter, phone call or even pretending you’re going to ask them out by standing outside their house and waiting for them to come home.
Now, most people meet online and in many ways, dating apps have become an alternative way to find partners and friends. With so many dating apps available online for smartphones and PC users, how do you know which one is right for you?
There are so many options when it comes to finding that special someone, but Facebook Dating is proving to be a popular choice. Here we will look at why so many people are turning to Facebook Dating as well as some pros and cons of this social app.
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook dating is a feature that allows you to find potential dates based on mutual friends. It works in a similar way to Tinder, where you have to have a Facebook account to use it.
The feature is currently available in Colombia, Israel, Thailand, Mynamar and many other countries of the world. There are several ways to discover people on Facebook Dating. You can browse through potential dates based on gender and age group, or you can set up a profile and let others find you.
You can also choose to be open to friends-of-friends dating. Facebook Dating allows you to see mutual friends, pictures, and education, work, or ‘favorites’ (i.e. sports teams, charities, etc.).
The main aim of this is to make the whole experience much less intimidating and anxiety inducing than Tinder.
Why Are People Using Facebook Dating?
There are so many dating apps out there, and you might be wondering why someone would choose to use Facebook Dating over something like Tinder. The truth is there is no ‘right’ answer to this question.
Some people might choose to use Facebook Dating because they are more familiar with the app, while others may want to meet people who have a shared interest. There are many advantages to using Facebook Dating.
For example, you can use the app without paying, which is not the case with many other dating apps. You can also choose to only search for friends-of-friends dating, which means you can meet people who are similar to you and are not in the dating pool.
Pros of Facebook Dating
- You can meet new people – Whether you’re single or in a relationship, Facebook Dating can help you meet new people. Whether it be for a friendship or dating, you can connect with anyone who has the app.
- You can meet people with shared interests – Facebook Dating gives you the opportunity to meet people with shared interests, even if it’s something as simple as liking the same sports team. It’s much easier to get to know someone when you have a common interest.
- You can use it anywhere – You don’t have to be in your hometown or the city where you grew up to use Facebook Dating. You can log in to the app from any country and date people who live there.
- You can mix things up – If you’ve been single for a while and feel like you’re running out of things to talk about, Facebook Dating is a great way to mix things up and meet new people.
Cons of Facebook Dating
- You may not find anyone you like – The first and obvious disadvantage of Facebook Dating is that you may not find anyone you like. But you can turn off your account at any time, so there’s no pressure to meet anyone.
- You may feel pressured – Dating apps have a reputation for being a bit “hook up” heavy, and Facebook Dating may be no exception. You may get “friended” by people you don’t know and feel pressured to meet them.
- You may get catfished – Catfishing is a huge issue on dating apps, and Facebook Dating is no exception. You may find yourself meeting someone who looks nothing like their picture, and they may not even be who they say they are.
Do your friends see you on Facebook Dating?
If you’re worried that your friends or family will see you on Facebook Dating and judge you, don’t worry. Your account is completely private, and no one can see it unless you decide to “friend” them. You can also choose to only search for friends-of-friends dating to keep your account even more private.
Your friends may see you on Facebook Dating, but they cannot read your profile or view your pictures. If you want to keep your dating life completely anonymous, you can use a pseudonym on your profile.
Can you search someone on Facebook Dating?
Yes, it is possible to search someone on Facebook Dating. If you have a friend who is using the app, you can search their name and see who they are dating. You can also search your ex-partner or your current partner’s friends.
This can be incredibly helpful if you want to keep track of someone, but it could also be a breach of trust. There are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your partner. First, check your privacy settings to make sure you’re not accidentally sharing your profile. You can also use a pseudonym on your profile so that it’s harder to find you.
Is Facebook Dating Safe?
Facebook Dating is a relatively new app, so it is difficult to say whether it is completely safe. However, the app does have an “authenticity” feature that allows you to report someone who may be catfishing you or someone who may be pretending to be someone they’re not.
The authenticity button allows you to report someone who either has no profile picture, or who has their profile picture turned off. You can also report someone who has “fake” information on their profile. This feature is in place to protect everyone using the app and to make sure that it is a legitimate and safe experience.
Why Are People Flocking to Facebook Dating?
As we have seen, Facebook Dating is a great way to meet new people and share interests with others.
Facebook Dating is a popular dating app and many people are using it. It is possible that your friends or family members are using the app and you don’t even know. If you’re looking for a new dating app or want to try something new, Facebook Dating could be a great option for you.
Is Facebook Dating Worth It?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Only you can decide whether Facebook Dating is worth it for you. The best way to decide is to try it out and see how it goes for you. You can always turn off your account at any time if you don’t like it.
If you’re single and want to meet new people, Facebook Dating could be the app for you. It is easy to use and allows you to meet people who have common interests with you.
If you have tried traditional dating apps but have not had any luck, you may want to try Facebook Dating.
What is the Purpose of Dating on Facebook?
The purpose of dating on Facebook is to meet new people who share similar interests to you. Dating apps like Facebook Dating give you the opportunity to chat with new people who you may not have met otherwise.
While dating sites like Match or eHarmony are more focused on finding a long-term partner, Facebook Dating is best for meeting new people for a casual relationship or for finding a new friend. Whether you choose to meet someone for coffee or for a casual relationship, dating on Facebook can help you find someone new.
You can also use dating apps like Facebook Dating to find new friends who share similar interests. Whether you want to meet someone new or meet new friends, dating on Facebook can help you find what you’re looking for.
How To Create Facebook Dating Account
If you are among the numerous facebook users and interested in using using Facebook Dating to meet new people, you can create a Dating profile. In Facebook Dating you can send likes and messages to people you’re interested in.
Once someone likes you back, you will match and can start chatting in Facebook Dating. Bear in mind that that all people on Dating must follow the Facebook Community Standards.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a facebook dating profile:
- Login your facebook app
- Next, locate and tap the menu button
- Tap dating from the dropdown. Bear in mind that you will need to tap see more if you don’t see dating. Once you do that and the dating button shows up, tap on it to proceed to the facebook dating homepage
- Once you are taken to the facebook dating platform, tap get started
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the registration process.
- Bear in mind to select the people you are interested in as well as turning on your location so that facebook can easily carry out matching for you.
What happens when you like someone on Facebook Dating?
As a facebook dating user, the moment you like someone on the dating platform, the person will receive a notification on his/her Facebook app that someone liked or messaged them in Facebook Dating.
Interestingly, the person may only message a suggested match further once they reply or send them a like back. Interestingly, conversations you have in Facebook Dating will appear in the Matches tab within Dating.