How To Unblock Someone On Facebook: Ever get that feeling where you can’t stop thinking about someone, but you just can’t bring yourself to unfriend them? Or maybe you’ve been getting a lot of friend requests from people you don’t know, so you haven’t been able to accept them?
Or, maybe, you’ve just been feeling a bit antisocial and have been finding it hard to communicate with people. No matter the reason, sometimes you just need a little space.
That’s why you’re here, right? The good news is, you can block people on Facebook without making them feel like you’re being unfriendly, and you can unblock them without making them feel guilty. In this article, I’ll show you how to unblock someone on Facebook without asking them to. Keep reading to learn how.
What’s the easiest way to unblock someone on Facebook?
The easiest way to unblock someone on Facebook is with the help of a friend. Yes, that’s right—all you need is a little help from your friends to get this one done.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Ask your friend to unblock the person for you.
2. Once they do that, log onto your account and then block them again yourself.
3. And voila! You’re ready to unblock anyone you want whenever you want.
This process is easy and fast, and it doesn’t involve any time-consuming conversations or explanations with the person in question.
However, if you don’t have a friend who can help you out, read on because I have other suggestions for you below as well!
How do you unblock someone on Facebook?
To unblock someone on Facebook, follow these steps:
1) Click on the down arrow in the upper right-hand corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.
2) Select Blocking on the left side of your screen.
3) Type in their name or email address into the search bar at the top, and click Unblock next to their name.
4) Click Confirm when a window pops up asking you to confirm that you want to unblock this person.
5) You’re done! To review which friends are currently blocked, click on Blocked Friends at the bottom of your screen.
How do you know if someone is already blocked on Facebook?
If you’ve blocked them, you can still see their profile and messages. Plus, you won’t receive any notifications from them or about them in your News Feed. If they try to add you as a friend, they’ll see a message that says, “You cannot send messages to this person because none of your friends are friends with this person on Facebook.”
To check if someone is already blocked on Facebook and unblock them, follow these steps:
1) Go to the person’s profile
2) Click “Report/Block this Person”
3) Select “Block”
4) Enter your password to confirm your decision
5) Click “Confirm”
Best way to unblock someone on Facebook ?
Facebook has a few ways to unblock someone on Facebook without asking them.
If you want to unblock someone and keep the content of your conversations private, it’s best to use Messenger. Here’s how:
1) Open Messenger and click on the person’s name in your chat list.
2) Click on the ellipses (…) at the top right of the chat box and select “Unfriend” from the drop down menu.
3) You will be prompted to enter a reason as to why you are unfriending them, but this is optional. Once you have selected one or left it blank, press “Unfriend” again.
4) If you have blocked messages from them before, you will need to delete those first by clicking on “See All Blocked Conversations.
5) Then, delete those messages and check off all of their names in your blocked conversations section.
Is blocking someone on Facebook a good idea?
Blocking someone may seem like the best solution to a problem, but that’s not always the case. If you’re just trying to take a break from someone, blocking them may seem like the simplest thing to do. But, blocking them will also block their posts and updates from your feed.
That means you won’t be able to see what they post on Facebook at all. That said, if you have a lot of mutual friends or are connected in other ways with the person you want to block, this could be an issue. You don’t want your friend requests piling up as they try to reach out to people who are unaware of your relationship status.
As a result, blocking can sometimes lead to more problems than it solves. And so for many people, it’s better not to block someone unless there’s an important reason for it.
What’s the difference between blocking and unblocking someone on Facebook?
The difference between blocking someone and unblocking them is that blocking restricts the other person from seeing your posts, messages, or contact requests in their timeline. Blocking also prevents you from seeing their posts or messages. Unblocking will allow you to see the other person’s posts and messages once again.
Grow Your Friendship with an Unblock
Maybe the person you unblock is someone you want to grow your friendship with. Maybe they’ve accepted one of your friend requests and you want to be their friend again. No matter what the reason, there’s a way for you to unblock them without making them feel guilty or like you’re being unfriendly.
If you want to unblock someone on Facebook, the first thing you need to do is make sure they didn’t block you back. To do this, head over to their profile and see if they still have a blue “Follow” button next to their name.
If they don’t have any type of button there, then it means they either blocked you before or after unblocking themselves (or vice versa). If they did block themselves after unblocking themselves, then it means that when they added themselves back as your friend again, it counted as blocking yourself on Facebook.
What Is Blocking?
Blocking is a feature on Facebook that cuts someone out of your online life. When you block someone, you’re preventing them from being able to interact with you in the following ways:
- Sending you messages or friend requests
- Commenting on your posts or pictures
- Seeing your posts or pictures
- Viewing your profile
You can also block people by going through their profile and hitting “Block” when it shows up on the left hand side. You can also do this via the Privacy Settings on Facebook. Either way, as soon as you hit “Block” they will be blocked from all of the above mentioned interactions. If they try to contact you, they’ll get a message informing them that they’ve been blocked.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
This is a really easy process and can be done in just three steps.
1. Click the “Accounts” tab on the left of your page and select “Blocked People.”
2. On the next page, you’ll see a list of people you’ve blocked. To unblock someone, just click on the blue Unblock link next to their name.
3. You’ll see a confirmation message below their name asking if you’re sure you want to unblock this person. Click Confirm to complete the process or Cancel if you change your mind.
How to block someone on Facebook
Block someone on Facebook by going to their profile, clicking ‘Friends’ and then selecting ‘Unfriend.’ If you need to unblock them, simply go back to their profile, click Friends and select ‘Friends’.