60 / 100
In the summer of 2017, Snapchat debuted its real-time Snap Map feature, allowing you to see Snaps from all around the world and your friends’ whereabouts.
Snap Map can be divided into three parts. Then, you can tap hotspots on the “heatmap” to view publicly shared and location-neutral Snaps. Blue areas show fewer Snaps were taken there, while red spots show more.
Second, you can view Snaps from significant events, such as football games or important locales, by visiting public Stories that can be accessed on the map.
Last, you may view your Snapchat friends’ current whereabouts in real-time if they have chosen to publish them on the Snap Map. This is how:
How to see your friends’ locations on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Pull down the Snap Map from the top on the home screen (or Camera Screen).
- The Snap Map page will open, showing your current location. To expand the screen, use your thumb and index finger to enlarge the map.
- If those on your Friends list have chosen to share their location, their Bitmoji or figures will appear on the Snap Map showing real-time location.
- To search for a specific friend, select the magnifying glass icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the search bar at the top, type in your friend’s username
- Your friend’s real-time location will appear along with the city name, local time, and weather at the top of the screen.