If you have a Google AdSense account, it’s possible to create an AdSense account for your YouTube channel. You may already have an AdSense account if you own other websites or blog as a side business.
If you don’t yet, creating an AdSense account for your YouTube channel is easy with just a few steps.
Creating an AdSense account won’t be available when your channel is still new and has little subscribers. Google has several criteria before they will accept you to create an AdSense account for your YouTube channel, such as:
In this article, we will show you how to create an Adsense account for your YouTube channel and get the benefits of monetizing your videos with ads from Google.
How to Apply for an AdSense Account for YouTube
Before you can apply for an AdSense account for your YouTube channel, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers.
- The channel must have accumulated 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be the owner of the channel and have access to your Google account.
- You must be able to sign in to your account and have verified your account.
- You must have a valid credit card or debit card to use for payment.
- The AdSense account you create must be linked to an appropriate and applicable country and language.
Requirements to Apply for an Adsense Account for YouTube
As we have mentioned before, there are certain criteria that you must meet before applying for an AdSense account for your YouTube channel. If you don’t meet these criteria, Google will not allow you to create an account. Although the criteria might seem a little challenging and daunting, it’s important to know what you need to accomplish before applying.
You need to have enough watch time, subscribers, and your channel must be mature enough (1 year old) to ensure that you’re able to monetize your content. If you are having a hard time getting your channel to reach the criteria, you can always try to grow your channel and subscribers over time.
For example, you might want to work on growing your channel for a year before applying for an account.
How to Set Up and Manage an AdSense Account for YouTube
You can set up and manage your AdSense account for YouTube by signing into your Google AdSense account. You can also do this by signing into your Google account.
Once you are in your account, you can click the “+” button in the top right corner of the page. A drop-down menu will appear, allowing you to select “New site.”
Once you select this option, a page will appear where you need to enter your YouTube channel username. While in the process of creating a new site, you will also be asked to select a category for your channel. Choose a category that best describes your channel.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create and link adsense account and link it to your youtube channel:
- First off, you will need to login your youtube studio account via studio.youtube.com
- Next, you will need to locate and click Monetization at the left column of the page.
- Afterward, click START on the Sign-up for Google AdSense card.
- When you are asked to, enter your YouTube account password and re-authenticate when required.
- Now, you will need to select which Google account you would like to use for Google AdSense. Bear in mind that if you already use AdSense for other reasons outside of YouTube, sign in with the Google account used with your existing AdSense account.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you are now in Google AdSense. The moment you are in this stage, you will need to verify that the email address is correct at the top of the page. Bear in mind that you will need to click Use a different account to switch accounts if the one that appears is not the correct account.
- Lastly, continue setting up your account. Ensure to provide your contact info and submit your AdSense account application.
What is Google AdSense for YouTube?
AdSense is the largest and most reputable ad network that is used to display ads on websites, blogs, and video channels such as YouTube. Ad networks such as Google AdSense for YouTube are usually paid by advertisers to display ads on your website or blog in the form of an advertisement.
If you have a YouTube channel and an AdSense account linked to your channel, you can earn money from displaying ads on your videos. The concept is simple: you allow advertisers to place ads on your content and earn money from views. The revenue generated from the advertisements placed on your channel is sent to you by Google.
You can withdraw this money from your AdSense account once it reaches $100.
Pros and Cons of Having an AdSense Account for a YouTube Channel
Having an AdSense account for your YouTube channel comes with many different pros and cons. One of the most obvious benefits is that you can earn money by creating videos. You can set up your ads so that you earn a share of the revenue generated from click-throughs.
Another benefit is that you do not have to worry about paying for ads on your channel. Advertisers will cover the cost of placing ads on your channel.
You can also set specific targeting criteria, so you can choose the ads that appear on your channel and how often they are shown. Another pro is that you can link your AdSense account with other websites and blog. You can also decrease the amount of ads that appear on your channel by lowering the revenue share.
When and Why Should You Create an AdSense Account for YouTube
There are plenty of benefits to having an AdSense account for your YouTube channel, as mentioned before. But it’s important to know what the ideal time is for you to create an account. There is no specific time frame for when you should create an AdSense account for your YouTube channel because it all depends on your channel and your growth.
Now that you know the importance of having an AdSense account, it’s important to note that you should wait until your channel is mature enough. This way, you will be able to earn more money from your channel, which will help grow your channel even more.
There are a few ways you can determine how mature your channel is and if you are ready to create an AdSense account. You can check the following ways to find out if you are ready to create an AdSense account for your YouTube channel:
- Check your watch time: Make sure that you have accumulated a decent amount of watch time on your channel. This will help you meet the minimum threshold requirement to apply for an AdSense account.
- Check your subscribers: You might have quality videos, but if no one is seeing them, then it won’t do you any good. Make sure that you have a decent amount of subscribers on your channel.
- Check your channel age: This is another factor that Google looks at when considering if you are eligible to apply for an AdSense account. Your channel must be at least one year old.
Interestingly, having an AdSense account for YouTube will allow you to generate revenue from your videos.
An AdSense account for your YouTube channel is a crucial part of growing your channel. It will help you earn money from your videos and grow your channel even more. It’s important to know what the criteria is to apply for an AdSense account. You also need to know when you are ready to create an account for your YouTube channel.
With these tips and information, you’ll be well on your way to creating an AdSense account for your YouTube channel. If you follow the steps in this guide, you can create an AdSense account for your YouTube channel and start earning money from your videos!