How to Change Your Location on Facebook Dating: It’s been a long time since we had to worry about who might see our Facebook profile and what they might think. Now, it’s not a matter of being too shy or revealing too much. We have to take into consideration the possibility of getting catfished, or worse, hacked.
You might also want to change your location if you’re looking for a date who lives in another place than you do, or if you just want to limit your dating pool geographically. Here are some ways to change your location on Facebook Dating.
Why am I getting matches that are outside my location?
Firstly, Facebook Dating just launched in the US, so it may be that there are few people who have joined. That means your dating pool is bigger because there are more matches in your area. It could also be that you’ve set your location to somewhere else.
How to change your location on Facebook Dating
Facebook has a dating app, so it makes sense that there are ways to change your location on Facebook Dating. If you want to change your location, you’ll need to do this in the Facebook app.
- First, open the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Next – Tap “Settings” and then “Location”
- Finally – Enable “Location Services” if you’re not already using it.
Create a new dating profile
The most straightforward way to change your Facebook dating location is to create a new dating profile. This will make it easier to find people in another city or state. You can do this by clicking the “Create New Dating Profile” button at the bottom of the page. Choose your desired gender and age range, then enter an email address so you can receive notifications when there are new matches.
To change your location on a current Facebook profile:
You can change your location setting on a current Facebook Dating profile by going to “Settings” in the drop-down menu, then scrolling down to “Location.”
Click where it says “Current Location,” and select where you would like to be located.
Note that changing this setting won’t show up on your profile until you publish the changes. When you’re finished, click the green box that says “Publish Changes.”
Another way of changing your Feed’s location is through your mobile device settings. To do this on Android, go into Settings, then tap “Application Manager.”
Next, tap “Facebook Dating,” followed by tapping the three dots in the upper-right corner and selecting “Settings.”
In iOS, go into Settings and then tap onto “Installed Apps,” followed by scrolling to find Facebook Dating and tapping it.
From here, scroll down and toggle the switch for either Location Services or Background Refresh so that they are turned off.
Check out the other Facebook Dating profiles near you
The most recent update to Facebook Dating has allowed people to switch their location. Just like on a Tinder profile, you can change your location to anywhere in the world — or in the United States, if you’re looking for someone closer by. If you’re just trying to date people who live nearby, this will make it easier for you to find them.
To change your location:
- Go to the “Edit Profile” button and scroll down until you see “Location.”
- Select your desired location from the dropdown menu.
- Press “Save” at the bottom of the page.
What does changing your location do?
Changing your location on Facebook Dating does two things:
- It changes the pool of people who can see your profile. This is especially helpful if you want to be more selective about who you date, or you’re not interested in dating someone in your area.
- It changes the pool of people who can see your posts and communicate with you. If you change your location to say Los Angeles, then all the people in Los Angeles will be able to see your posts and messages.
Why would you want to change your location?
There are many reasons people might want to change their location on Facebook Dating. The most common reason is that they don’t live in the same area as their potential matches.
If you’re looking for a date who lives in another place than you do, it might be worth changing your location to avoid any confusion or disappointment. You can also choose to limit your dating pool geographically if you don’t want to date someone with the same interests or personality type as you.
How to change the app’s language
Facebook Dating is currently only available in English, but it’s possible to change the app’s language by following these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone
- Select “Settings” from the menu
- Click on “Language” and select your desired language.
Why you might want to change your location
The reasoning for changing your location on Facebook Dating is twofold. First, you may want to limit the geographic area of your potential matches to people within a certain radius or who live in a particular country.
Second, you might not want to have your profile visible to people in the same geographic region as your home, like if you’re at work or out shopping and don’t want people nearby to see that you’re online dating.
Changing your location might also be necessary if you’re looking for a date who lives in another place than you do–this way, they won’t know where you live when they first contact you.
View Your Settings
First, log in to your Facebook account. Navigate to the Settings tab, then select Dating. Look for the option that says “Preferred Location” and change it from your current location to your desired location.
Change Your Settings
The first place to start is to change your settings on Facebook. If you haven’t already done so, go to the Settings tab and scroll to your General Account Settings. Then, click Edit in the “Who can see your future posts?” section.
If you’re not sure whether or not people from your current location can see posts on Facebook Dating, it’s best to make the change now before any potential embarrassment! You will then be able to choose who can see posts on Facebook Dating by clicking “Only Me.”
What Are the Benefits of Changing Location on Facebook Dating?
Just like several other services on Facebook, location changing on Facebook Dating also comes with many benefits. When you change your location on Facebook Dating, it is a whole new experience. Interestingly, some of the benefits of Facebook dating change location are as follows:
- Exposure to new and more profiles on Facebook Dating.
- Increased chances of finding the perfect one for yourself.
- Suppose you don’t want to expose yourself on a dating platform to people around you.
- Changing your location is the best way to do it.
- In the new location, your profile will have more worth. For the people in the new area, your profile will strike as new.
- Changing your location to a bigger city would comparatively have much more profiles.
- The excitement of finding dates will always be there by switching locations one after another.
Conclusion: To wrap up this guide, here are the complete steps you need to follow to easily change your facebook dating location:
- First off, you will need to click on the three horizontal bars at the top of your screen.
- Next, you will need to click “Dating.”
- Now, locate and click “Profile.”
- Afterward, locate and click “Edit.”
- Once you are done with the above, you will then click “Dating Location.”
- To continue, you will need to update your dating location.
- Lastly, locate and click “Save.”