How To Access Facebook Marketplace App in Facebook Lite is what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are here because you are in dire need of the processes involved in accessing facebook marketplace and how to use it to buy and sell online, this article has gotten you covered.
How To Buy And Sell on Facebook marketplace is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the steps in getting that done, let’s first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
This is particularly important since facebook marketplace is located within the facebook app and facebook web and without an account, one can’t access it the marketplace homepage.
Thus, if you are among the numerous persons who are yet to sign up for a facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- Open your mobile device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to google play store or apple apps store and search for facebook
- Tap on the install button
- Download the app on your device
- Tap create or sign up account button
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter either your email address or phone number
- Select your gender and enter your date of birth
- Enter your password
- Tap create account
- Go to your email address or SMS and get your facebook account verified
Afterward, set up your facebook profile by entering your information and uploading your cover and profile picture.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create facebook account on mobile app.
Let’s quickly take a look at how to create a facebook account on web version of the giant social media platform.
How To Create Facebook Account On PC
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook account on the web version of the platform:
- First off, you will need to open your system web browser e.g. chrome, UC browser, and Firefox.
- Next, you will need to visit facebook.com which is the Facebook official website.
- Afterward, you will be directed on their sign-up home page. enter your first and last name.
- Now, type in your email address and a new password inside boxes.
- And enter your birth date and sex category.
- Then click the sign-up button below.
A verification email will be sent to your email account inbox. Login your email account and access your mail inbox. Click or copy the code you see inside the email text and paste it inside the verification box and click verify.
By these, you can create your Facebook account and verify it. you can log in your Facebook account if you already have an account on Facebook before. The steps below will show you how to do that.
- After visiting the URL, you will find the login box.
- Enter your username and then your account password.
- And click login, to access your account.
Countries That Can Access Facebook Marketplace
Here are the lists of countries where Facebook marketplace is currently available:
- Costa Rica.
- The Czech Republic.
- The Dominican Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- New Zealand.
- The Philippines.
- Puerto Rico.
- South Africa.
- The United Kingdom.
- The United States.
Having done that, let’s proceed with the business of the day, How To Access Facebook Marketplace App in Facebook Lite.
As we all know, Facebook is a platform through which people from far and near get connected and interact with each other. And one way through which people connect is the buying and selling of products with one another.
Facebook has recently added the marketplace feature, which is one that has exploded on the platform.
This marketplace is a convenient and easy location where you can buy and sell items around you and far away. People who want to buy are allowed to preview items on sale and search for any item of their choice.
What Does The Facebook Marketplace Lite App Do?
The Facebook Marketplace App is a digital marketplace where several different users from around and far away can come together to trade, buy and sell items. However, after the marketplace serves as a place where sellers showcase the items and prices, and buyer preview these items and engage in discussion with the seller, but every other transaction is therefore continued outside the app.
Collaborate, Share Ideas & Work Together. Start Your Free Workplace Trial Now! Group Calling. Built For Mobile. Multi-Company Groups. Instant Messaging. Team Organization.
Smarter Workflows. Live Broadcasting. Voice & Video Calling
This marketplace lets you to;
- Look for items to buy.
- Discover items on sale by location or class.
- Create images and listings of items you have for sale.
- Set custom prices and items for your products.
- Send messages to buyer or sellers in order to proceed with transactions.
- Have a view of the previous transaction that have taken place.
The Facebook app does not actually take responsibility for managing the transactions for items, users and customers are the ones to work that out by themselves.
Who Can Use The Facebook Marketplace Lite App?
The Facebook Marketplace App is now available and open to iPhone and Android users of about 18 years and above. Anyone who has engaged in this before is definitely able to testify that this marketplace is free to sell, buy and trade products.
However, the marketplace for desktops and PCs is not yet but is pinned on the ground to an uncertain time though.
What Is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a literal marketplace. It’s an open exchange, where you can post stuff for sale or buy new and used items from people within your local area.
There have already been over 18 million new items in the Marketplace, ranging from cars to video games to rental houses to clothes.
The premise is super simple. And the buying experience is, too. When you find something of interest, just click to message the seller and you can work it out from there.
Each item might have a few pictures and a short description. But otherwise, it’s up to you and the seller (or buyer) to figure out the transaction details.
It also works flawlessly on the mobile app, with a button conveniently located directly in the middle.
Obviously, products like that don’t inspire a lot of confidence for marketers. How on Earth can you do anything with that?
Just recently, Facebook officially unveiled new support for content from local businesses.
SearchEngineLand reports that Facebook will also be creating new categories for:
- Daily deals
These new options also open the door for platform integrations. For example, Shopify owners will be able to seamlessly push products to Facebook Marketplace without having to manually create duplicate listings.
Facebook will also start processing payments directly, and they’ve been testing ads directly in the Marketplace, too.
You could see it becoming a Google Shopping-like experience that piggybacks on Facebook’s already awesome features like custom audiences or Dynamic Product Ads.
More than one company has used the platform ‘hack’ in the past to successfully siphon off users from a marketplace.
They created tools to help Craigslist property managers re-publish their listings over to their own platform.
Just tap it to bring up Facebook Marketplace, and the app will use your GPS to start displaying products right around you.
The promise for Facebook Marketplace has always been massive. However, the reality often failed to live up to it.
How To Use Facebook Marketplace App For Business
Here’s how your business can take advantage of Facebook Marketplace and capitalize on it — before the competition catches on.
1. Increase Awareness & ‘Discoverability’
Trick question: What is the easiest way for new businesses to increase sales? It has nothing to do with closing methods. It has nothing to do with a green button vs. a blue one on your landing page. Instead, it has everything to do with branding.
Increasing brand awareness is the fastest, easiest way to increase sales. Because people won’t buy if they don’t know or trust you (more on this in the next section).
That means you need to increase the number of people who know who you are. You need more people to recognize your name.
And you need to make it easy for them to discover you when they’ve never heard of you before.
Browse The Marketplace
- Open your Facebook on your phone.
- At the top of the app, click on the Store icon.
- Click on “Categories” at the top.
- Select the type of item you want to view.
- Browse the marketplace for the item you want.
- Click on your preferred item to get more details.
- Click on “ASK FOR DETAILS”.
- If you are really interested in the product and want to purchase it, click on “Message”.
- Click on “Save”.
Sell On The Marketplace
- Open the Facebook app and click on the Store icon at the top of the page.
- At the top left side, click on “Sell”.
- Select a type or category for the product you want to sell.
- Add the images of the items you have on sale.
- Type a title for the item.
- Enter the price of items.
- Click on “NEXT”.
- Make a choice of the groups you would like to advertise your marketplace to
- Click on “POST”.
There are Facebook marketplace applications like Workplace by Facebook, which allows u to register by,
- Fill in your name
- Email address
- Then submit
That is it on How To Access Facebook Marketplace App in Facebook Lite. I trust this article was helpful. Kindly like and share!!!