CenturyLink Business Login: If you have a small business, your company’s internet usage probably isn’t as big of a priority as it is for bigger companies. Whether you have three employees or 300, your primary concern is probably not how much bandwidth your employees are using.
However, the internet is an important part of your business and having access to high-speed broadband can make a big difference in how smoothly day-to-day operations go.
If you use CenturyLink as your ISP, you should know that there are some great benefits to being with them. They have plenty of different packages available at affordable prices. And because they are a local company, it’s easy to get assistance when you need it most.
In this blog post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about logging into the CenturyLink Business login page and their site in general.
What is CenturyLink?
First and foremost, CenturyLink is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the United States, providing internet, TV and phone service to customers both residential and commercial.
See: Charter login
They also provide these services internationally, including in Canada. The company was initially founded in 1969 as the Public Utilities and Investment Company (PUIC). At that time, PUIC was mainly involved in investing in the stock market and real estate.
Then it was renamed as the Century Telephone Company in 1984 and began offering telephone services and long distance services.
The company went through a couple more name and ownership changes over the next decade before becoming CenturyTel in 2002 and then finally adopting the name of CenturyLink in 2010. At this point, the company had also become much more than just a telephone company.
During the 1990s and early 2000s, they began investing in fiber optic network infrastructure and other telecommunications technologies. They also acquired other companies that provided internet and telecom products and services. This has continued to be their primary business focus since the name change.
Similarly to other internet providers, CenturyLink email login requires you to use your user name and password. You may also need to provide a security token to ensure that you are the person accessing your account.
You may have a different login for different services. Here are a few of the most common login pages and where to find them:
- CenturyLink Business login: Click here to go to the Business login page.
- CenturyLink Home login: If you are a residential customer, click here to go to the home login page.
- CenturyLink Self-Managed Business login: If you are a business owner who has chosen the self-managed option, click here to go to the login page.
- CenturyLink Central Office login: If you manage a central office, you can use this login page.
- CenturyLink Modem login: If you use a modem that’s provided by CenturyLink, click here.
How to Login to the CenturyLink Business Portal
To log into the CenturyLink Business portal, you should click the “sign in” button at the top right of their homepage. You will then be able to enter your login credentials, as well as select which CenturyLink Business services you want to use.
You should also be able to see a list of all the employees who are on your plan and any monthly data usage totals. This can be helpful if you’re trying to keep track of your company’s internet use.
CenturyLink offers several different billing methods. If you are a residential customer, you can pay your bill online, over the phone or through the mail. Business customers may also be able to pay their bill online if they have an account with billing.
If you have a service provider contract, you will have to pay your bill on a regular basis as part of that agreement. If you are self-managing your internet but using CenturyLink for a line, you will have to pay monthly in advance for your internet service. These billing options may vary from state to state.
Pros of Being a CenturyLink Customer
- Convenience: With CenturyLink, you can bundle your internet, TV and phone service into one package. You may be able to get a discount by choosing these combined packages.
- Variety: There are many different types of plans available through CenturyLink. Whether you need a small amount of data for one computer or you want unlimited data for everyone on your team, there are options available.
- Customer Service: Whether you choose to manage your account on your own or choose to hire a self-managed provider, you will have access to customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Guaranteed Service Level: If you use the self-managed option, you will receive guaranteed service level, which will allow you to make changes to your service without having to wait for the company to respond.
Cons of Being a Century-Link Customer
- Equipment: If you choose to use the services for business internet, you will have to buy your own modems and routers. You may also be responsible for maintaining them as needed.
- High Prices: There are some expensive packages available through CenturyLink. If you need a lot of data, it may be hard to find a plan that fits within your budget.
- Contract: If you choose to use the services for business internet, you will have to sign a one-year contract.
- No Local Service: If you want local internet service, CenturyLink may not be the company for you. Their internet service uses fiber optics that cover many parts of the country, but not all areas.
How to Cancel Your CenturyLink Service
If you want to cancel your CenturyLink service, you can do so by contacting their customer service team. You may also be able to cancel your service online. You can log into your account and select the “cancel service” button to start the cancellation process.
When you cancel your service, you will be billed for any remaining months that you’re under contract. You may be able to negotiate a cancellation fee waiver if you’re cancelling your service for a good reason, such as relocation outside of the service area or a service disruption or outage.
Outages can occur at all times of the year, but they’re most likely to happen during the winter months. The most likely cause of an outage is freezing temperatures or heavy snowfall. You may also experience an outage if there is a problem with the equipment.
If you experience an outage, you can call customer service to report it. You may have to wait until the temperatures rise above freezing or the snow melts to have the issue resolved.
As we mentioned above, internet service is delivered through fiber optics. There are two primary ways that this service can be delivered to your home:
- Over the Fiber Network
- The fiber network is a system of fiber-optic cables throughout the country. These cables are maintained by technicians who repair cuts and other damages as they occur.
- Over the Copper Network
- The copper network is a system of copper wires that has been around since the telephone was invented.
If you are having a problem with your CenturyLink service, you can call their customer service team to get help with your issue. They have friendly and knowledgeable representatives who can assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also use their online chat feature or sign into your account to get help managing your account, making changes to your services and more.