If the two of you recently ended things, it’s likely because you weren’t on the same page about your future together. Whether it was a bad breakup or an amicable split, you probably don’t want to leave things on a sour note. In fact, you might even be interested in reconciling with your ex someday.
But first, there are a few things to consider before adding them as a friend on Facebook again. Read on for some tips about whether or not your ex can see if you are on Facebook dating and other factors to think about before accepting their request.
What does it mean to be Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a new feature offered to users over the age of 18 in the United States and the rest of the countries of world. It allows you to create a public dating profile that others can search and see. You can choose to make your profile as public or private as you’d like.
If you select the public profile option, anyone can view your dating profile and decide if they want to connect with you. You can also search for other people who are interested in dating.
Your dating profile shows a photo of you, a short description, and a list of interests. When someone views your profile, they can click on “Message” to start chatting with you. You can also message people who have viewed your profile.
If a potential match sends you a message, you can choose to reply or ignore them. While it may seem scary at first, using Facebook Dating is a great way to meet new people and expand your social circle.
Can an Ex See If You Are on Facebook Dating?
Your ex can’t see if you are on Facebook Dating. But they can see your Facebook profile. However, you may want to exercise caution and avoid adding your ex as a friend if you are currently on Facebook Dating.
Even if you are only trying to engage with people you’re interested in as friends, your ex could see you are on dating sites.
This could lead to awkward situations and/or resentment if your relationship with your ex doesn’t improve. If you are curious about whether or not your ex can see that you are on dating sites, we recommend testing the waters in a very casual way. You can do this by adding a comment on a mutual friend’s post.
Write something positive about your current dating experience. If your ex is friends with this person, they will see the comment and have a chance to respond. If they don’t, you can put two and two together.
Is It A Good Idea To Add Your Ex As A Friend? Or Is It Safer To Block And Delete?
If you want to stay friends with your ex on Facebook, it’s possible to do so without them having access to your dating profile. You can also simply block and delete your ex from your friends list if you’d prefer not to be friends with them at all.
This may sound like the most sensible solution, but if you’re truly interested in remaining friends with your ex, it’s not the best option. When you block someone, they can’t see any of your posts.
This means they will be unable to view photos, videos, or other posts that would allow them to see your dating profile. You can also see your ex’s posts, but they can’t see yours. This is not the ideal scenario if you’re interested in maintaining a friendship with your ex.
How To Decide If You Want To Be Friends With Your Ex On Facebook
If you want to be Facebook friends with your ex, you should do so with caution. You may want to wait a few weeks so that you don’t look like you’re trying to get back together with them. You can also wait to see if they initiate contact.
This will make you seem less desperate, and it gives you the opportunity to decide how you want to answer their request.
If you want to be Facebook friends with your ex, try sending them a message first. Ask them if they would like to be friends on Facebook and tell them why. If you feel like you’re not getting anywhere, you can also send them a friend request.
3 More Reasons Why You Might Not Want To Be Friends With An Ex On Facebook
If you decide not to be Facebook friends with your ex, you should consider the following reasons:
- You don’t want to be tempted to reconnect and start a new relationship with them again: If you’re unsure if you’re ready to date again, being Facebook friends with your ex is a bad idea. Not only will it increase the likelihood of a romantic relationship, it may also lead to feelings of jealousy and resentment.
- You don’t want your ex to see your dating profile: If you’re on Facebook Dating and don’t want your ex to see your profile, don’t be friends with them on Facebook. If they are friends with you on Facebook, they will have access to your dating profile.
- You’re not ready to deal with your ex’s new partner: If your ex starts dating someone new, it’s likely you will know about it. You can avoid facing this situation by not being friends with your ex on Facebook.
Who can see you in Facebook Dating?
When you’re on Facebook Dating, it’s important to understand that you are visible to all of on facebook dating, as well as anyone who happens to be matched to you.
If you want to control who can see you on Facebook Dating, you can adjust your privacy settings. Click on “Settings” and select “Privacy.” Select “Edit” next to “Who can see my future posts?” and make your selection.
How can you find out if someone is on Facebook Dating?
You may want to know if your ex is on Facebook Dating if you feel like it might hinder your ability to move on. It may be difficult for you to know for sure, but there are some ways to determine if your ex is on Facebook Dating.
- Check their list of friends: You can scroll through your ex’s list of friends and see if they have lots of new friends or if they still have the same friends they did when you were together.
- Check their activity: If your ex has been posting less frequently than they used to, they may have started dating on Facebook.
- Check their dating activity: You can also click on your ex’s dating profile and check their activity to see if they have been active recently.
Does Facebook Dating notify screenshots?
Unlike Tinder and other online apps, users cannot take screenshots on Facebook Dating. However, I trust you are aware that nothing stops you from grabbing your friends’ phone and taking a picture of your screen. Facebook Dating additionally asks if you’re cool with matching with “friends of friends.
So, facebook dating does not allow you to take screenshots. On the other hands, if you’re worried about your ex taking screenshots of your dating profile, we recommend taking a few precautions:
- Make your dating profile as private as possible: When you create your dating profile, select the option to make it private. This will prevent people you don’t want from seeing your profile from seeing it.
- Set up a second Facebook account: This way, you can use a dating app without worrying about screenshots.
- Ask your ex not to screenshot your profile: It’s possible that your ex didn’t even know they were doing anything wrong. If this is the case, you can simply ask them not to take screenshots of your dating profile.
3 Tips For Rebuilding Trust After A Breakup
If your ex is on Facebook and you decide not to be friends with them on the platform, there are some ways to rebuild trust and move on.
- Be honest: If your ex asks you if you’re on Facebook Dating, be honest. Be straightforward with them and let them know you have no interest in reuniting.
- Be consistent: If your ex sees you being consistent in your dating pursuits and intentions, it will help them feel more secure in your decisions.
- Be respectful: Don’t interact with your ex on Facebook and don’t be friends with them on the platform if you don’t feel comfortable doing so