How to check WAEC result through SMS and online portal via www.waecdirect.org are what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are a secondary school leaver who has just sat for the West African Examinations Council, WAEC and searching for a tutorial for checking your result, this article has gotten you covered.
Continue reading below and please don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and loved ones so that they will also get to learn about it.
www.waecdirect.org 2023 Result – How To Check Your WAEC Result Online
www.waecdirect.org is the official website for the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. They are responsible for the coordination and release of the WAEC result.
Thus, every student that wants to check their result online, can only get it done via the waecdirect.org portal.
Wondering the steps involved in getting that done? Here are the complete steps you need to follow to easily access the www.waecdirect.org 2023 Result portal and check your result without stress.
First off, you will need to turn on your device and get it connected to an internet source
Afterward, you will need to open your preferred browser and visit www.waecdirect.org
Once you are taken to the www.waecdirect.org 2023 Result checker page, look at the left column of the website homepage and you will see the section where you will be required to enter your WAEC details before you will be able to check your result. See a screenshot below.
Now, you will need to enter your examination number. Yes, your examination number is the seven digit center number and your three digits candidate number. Let’s say for instance your center 7 digit numbers are 4527990 and your own number which is your WAEC number is 737, your 10 digit WAEC number will now be 4527990 and 737 which when combine, will now be like this: 4527990737. Yes, your WAEC 10 digit number is now this very number 4527990737. Enter it in the space provided.
Next, you will need to choose your examination year. You can do that by clicking on the year option next to the examination year. In this case, you will leave it in 2023.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will need to enter your PIN in the space provided. Interestingly, your WAEC PIN is the four digit number of your examination year. Yes, for your case, it’s 2023.
So, all that is expected of you is to enter 2023 in the space next to PIN option and you are good to go.
N/B: It is important to note here that if you used 2023 as your WAEC PIN and it doesn’t work for you while trying to check your result on the WAEC result checker website, you will need to purchase a scratch card from any of these WAEC official dealer outlets or you can call them WAEC Result Checker Tokens Merchants/Outlets:
- Capricorn Digital
- Parkway Projects Ltd
- Mobifin Services Ltd
- eTranzact Plc
- Broadshift Technologies Ltd
- Interswitch Limited
Thereafter, you will need to enter your WAEC serial number in the space provided next to serial number option. For those that may not be aware, your WAEC serial number is the number on your WAEC ID card which is officially given to you during your registration process.
Lastly, you will need to locate and click on the Submit button and then wait for your result to be displayed for you.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily use the WAEC result checker website to check your result online without stress.
How to Check WAEC Result Through SMS
Aside from the above procedures, the West African Examinations Council, WAEC also provide an avenue for its candidates to easily check their results via Short Message Service, SMS using their phone.
Thus, if you are searching for a guide on how to check WAEC result using phone, you can easily get that done through SMS.
Interestingly, this method is pretty good for the non-tech-savvy guys who can’t check their results online via the WAEC result checker website on their own without any assistant.
Yes, this method is pretty simple and easy to undertake by anyone. However, before you can check your WAEC result through SMS, here are the things you need to know.
First off, you will need to have purchased your WAEC result checker scratch card. The reason being that you will be required to use your Personal Identification Number, PIN. Another thing is that, you will need to recharge your phone with at least 30 naira airtime.
That being said, here are the steps on How to Check WAEC Result Through SMS on your phone.
First off, you will need to turn on your mobile phone
Next, you will need to head over to SMS. If you are using smart phone, open your menu and tap on messages button and it will open up.
Afterward, you will need to enter this number: 32327. This number is where you want to send your massage to.
Now, go to the body of the message and type: WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear. Yes, you will need to first off, type WAEC, asterisk, Your examination number, asterisk, your PIN from the scratch card and then your examination year.
Let’s say for instance your examination number is 4527990737 which is just a random number which we used for an illustrations purposes in the preceding section of this online tutorial.
And then your PIN is 6235 and then your examination year is 2023. Invariably, your text will look like this: WAEC*4527990737*6235*2023
I trust the above explanation is clear enough to be undertaken by you. If yes, enter your exam number and pin by using the above format and thereafter, hit on the send button.
Interestingly, once you have sent the message correctly, your result will be sent to you immediately.
Those are the steps you need to follow to figure out How to Check WAEC Result Through SMS.
What Is WAEC?
WAEC stands for the West African Examinations Council. It is an examination board established to conduct standardized examinations in English-speaking West African countries to certify the academic performance of students in the secondary school level.
Here are some key details about WAEC:
- Origins: WAEC was established in 1952.
- Participating Countries: The board serves five English-speaking countries in West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Liberia.
- Main Examination: The primary examination conducted by WAEC is the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). This examination is taken by senior secondary school students.
- Purpose: The WASSCE is used to certify students’ completion of secondary education, and the results play a significant role in university and college admissions within these countries.
- Examination Types: There are two different WASSCE exams. The WASSCE for School Candidates (formerly known as the May/June exams) is for students enrolled in schools. The WASSCE for Private Candidates (formerly known as the Nov/Dec exams) is for private candidates who wish to obtain the certificate outside the school system.
- Validity: The WASSCE is recognized not only in the participating West African countries but also globally by institutions and organizations that require a valid secondary school certificate.
- Other Functions: Apart from examinations, WAEC also helps in the development of standard testing techniques and the promotion of internationally accepted best practices in examinations.
Also read: Features of Two Party System
For students in the West African region, the WAEC examinations are a pivotal step in their academic journey, determining further educational and sometimes career opportunities.
West African Examinations Council, WAEC FAQs
- What is an e-PIN?
- The e-PIN stands for Electronic Personal Identification Number. It is a unique 10-digit or 12-digit number required to access and check the WAEC results. This number is found on a valid WAEC voucher.
- Where can I buy e-PIN?
- The e-PIN can be purchased at WAEC national offices, authorized dealers, and any other outlets specified by the local WAEC office in the participating countries. It can also be bought online through WAEC’s official website and other designated platforms.
- How many times can I check my results?
- With one e-PIN, you can check your results up to a maximum of five times.
- Can I use one e-PIN to check more than one result?
- No. One e-PIN is valid for only one WAEC result check. Once you’ve used it for a particular examination, it cannot be used for another.
- In what other ways can I check my results?
- Besides the WAEC direct portal, some countries have SMS services where you can send specific codes and details to a designated number and receive your results via SMS.
- Can I have my results sent to my email address?
- Yes. After checking your results using the e-PIN on the WAEC portal, there is an option to send the results to your email address.
- What information is available on this service?
- The service provides detailed results for each subject taken, grades obtained, and any remarks or comments by WAEC, like “Outstanding” or “Held.”
- I have a problem in checking my WAEC result. Please help?
- It would be best to contact the local WAEC office or any designated customer service line provided by WAEC for assistance.
- I have been trying to check my result but the WAEC page is not loading.
- This might be due to high traffic on the website or technical issues. It’s recommended to try again after some time or during off-peak hours.
- I went to the WAEC portal and filled in the required details only to see a page telling me there is no result for the candidate in the specified year. What do I do?
- Ensure that you’ve entered the correct examination year and number. If the problem persists, contact WAEC directly.
- My result is displaying “outstanding.” Please help as I need it for admission.
- “Outstanding” could mean the paper is still being processed. You may need to wait a bit longer and check back or contact WAEC for clarification.
- Can the Result checker e-PIN Voucher bought in the previous year be used to check the result of the current year?
- No, e-PIN Vouchers are year-specific. You’d need a new e-PIN for a different examination year.
- Please help us to correct this candidate’s gender from female to male.
- Corrections of this nature usually require official communication with WAEC, often through the school where the examination was taken.
- I have been trying to check my result but I keep having problems with my examination number. What’s the problem?
- Ensure you’re using the correct format and details. If issues persist, you might need to contact WAEC or your examination center for verification.
- I made a mistake by inputting a wrong exam number while trying to check my result, and it displayed someone else’s result. Can I use the same e-PIN to check with my correct exam number?
- Yes, as long as you haven’t exceeded the five-time check limit.
- I checked my WAEC result with the center and Examination number given to me, but I saw someone else’s result. Please help.
- Ensure that the details inputted are correct. If they are and the problem persists, you need to contact WAEC or your examination center immediately.
Bear in mind that whenever you encounter problems or discrepancies, it’s essential to contact the local WAEC office or any designated helpline for the most accurate assistance.
How Can I Check My WAEC Without Scratch Card?
There is no way to check your WAEC result without scratch card. The official method to check WAEC results requires the use of a scratch card (known as the e-PIN). The e-PIN is a unique number that grants you access to your results on the WAEC portal.
However, if you’re looking to check your WAEC results without a scratch card:
- Contact Your School: Sometimes, schools obtain the results and display them for students. If your school does this, it may be an easy way to view your results without using a scratch card.
- Use Online Platforms Carefully: Some online platforms or apps might claim to offer free WAEC result checking without the need for a scratch card. Be extremely cautious with such claims as they can be fraudulent, misleading, or pose security risks.
- Wait for School-Based Result Compilation: Some schools compile the WAEC results of their students into a comprehensive list or booklet. This might take time but could be an avenue for you to check your results without a scratch card.
- Contact WAEC Directly: While it’s a long shot, in exceptional cases or circumstances, contacting the local WAEC office directly might provide you with some guidance or alternative methods for viewing your results.
Always ensure that you’re not sharing personal information unnecessarily or inappropriately, especially when trying to access your results. Stick to official and trusted methods to avoid potential fraud or scams. It would be best to check with the official WAEC website or local offices for the most accurate and current information.
How do I get my WAEC PIN and serial number?
The WAEC PIN (Personal Identification Number) and serial number are essential credentials required to access your WAEC results online. Here’s how you can obtain them:
- Purchase a WAEC Scratch Card:
- This card can be purchased from any WAEC office, authorized dealers, banks, or any specified sales point in the participating countries. In some countries, it’s also available online on the WAEC official website or other accredited platforms.
- When you purchase this card, you’ll find a silver panel on the back. When you gently scratch off this panel, you’ll reveal your PIN. The serial number is typically printed on the reverse side of the card, above the scratch-off panel.
- Online Purchase:
- Some websites affiliated with WAEC or other online merchants sell the WAEC e-PIN. When you buy the e-PIN online, the PIN and serial number are typically sent to you via SMS or email.
- Ensure you’re purchasing from a reputable source to avoid scams or counterfeit cards.
- Via Mobile Money (in some regions):
- In some West African countries, it’s possible to buy the WAEC PIN via mobile money services. After the purchase, the PIN and serial number are sent to the buyer’s mobile number.
Always keep your PIN and serial number confidential, and make sure not to lose them, as you’ll need both to check your results. Additionally, always make sure to purchase your scratch card or e-PIN from reputable sources to avoid potential scams.
How can I get my WAEC scratch card online?
Obtaining a WAEC scratch card online is relatively straightforward, but you need to ensure that you are buying from a trustworthy and reputable source to avoid scams. Here’s how you can get your WAEC scratch card online:
- Official WAEC Website:
- Some WAEC national offices offer the sale of the e-PIN on their official websites. It’s one of the safest places to purchase the card.
- Authorized Online Dealers:
- There are authorized online merchants and platforms where you can purchase the WAEC scratch card. These platforms usually allow you to make a payment via credit/debit card, bank transfer, or mobile money.
- Once payment is confirmed, the scratch card details (PIN and Serial Number) are often sent to your email address or provided directly on the website.
- Online Retailers:
- Websites like Jumia, Konga, or other local e-commerce platforms in West African countries sometimes have vendors who sell WAEC scratch cards. However, always check the credibility of the seller.
- Mobile Apps:
- There are some mobile apps affiliated with or providing educational services that offer the sale of WAEC scratch cards. Ensure you’re downloading a legitimate app, and check user reviews for credibility.
- Verify the Platform: Before making a purchase, research and ensure the online platform’s legitimacy. Check for reviews from other users and any possible complaints.
- Secure Payment: Ensure that the payment page is secure. Look for “https://” at the beginning of the web address or a padlock symbol in the browser’s address bar.
- Avoid Sharing Personal Details: Be cautious about sharing any unnecessary personal details. Typically, only your payment details and maybe an email or phone number are required.
- Keep a Receipt or Confirmation: After purchasing, keep any receipt or confirmation of the transaction. This can be useful for reference or if you encounter any issues.
Once you receive your PIN and serial number, ensure that you store them securely, as you’ll need them to check your results.