How To Restore Access to Facebook Marketplace is what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are among the numerous facebook users and loss access to your facebook marketplace, this article will expose you to the steps you need to follow to regain your marketplace access to the giant marketing place. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to like and share!!!
How To Restore Access to Facebook Marketplace is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the steps in getting that done, let’s first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
This is particularly important since facebook marketplace is located within the facebook app and without an account, one can’t access it the dating homepage. Thus, if you are among the numerous persons who are yet to sign up for a facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- Open your mobile device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to google play store or apple apps store and search for facebook
- Tap on the install button
- Download the app on your device
- Tap create or sign up account button
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter either your email address or phone number
- Select your gender and enter your date of birth
- Enter your password
- Tap create account
- Go to your email address or SMS and get your facebook account verified
Afterward, set up your facebook profile by enter your information and uploading your cover and profile picture.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create facebook account.
Having done that, let’s proceed with the business of the day, How To Restore Access to Facebook Marketplace | Buy & Sell Store items Online.
Facebook Marketplace enables you to list items and find great deals directly within Facebook. You don’t have to download another app or set up a new account. Through the Facebook Marketplace, you can reach thousands of people in your local community and find unique items for sale.
Additionally, you can find items from clothes to TVs and even cars and real estate. People sell used and new items and it’s easy to find listings within your local area. Buying and selling are simple, and you can connect with others and see items in person before you buy.
Marketplace is available in the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets. To access the Marketplace, look at the bottom of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android. If using a web browser, you can find Marketplace on the left side of the Facebook page. marketplace isn’t available to you
However, if you cannot find the marketplace icon, then there is no need to panic as in this post, I have outlined detailed steps with a screenshot on how you can restore access to your Facebook marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Here are the different categories that are available on facebook marketplace which you can list your items under for proper visibility.
Home & Garden
- Video Games
- Books, movies & music
Clothing & Accessories
- Bags & Luggage
- Women’s clothing & shoes
- Men’s clothing & shoes
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Health & beauty
- Pet supplies
- Baby & Kids
- Toys & games
- Electronics & computers
- Mobile phones
- Arts & crafts
- Sports & outdoors
- Auto parts
- Musical instruments
- Antiques & collectibles
- Garage sale
Interestingly, these categories are particularly important for the proper workings of the facebook marketplace.
Step by step guide on how to get the Facebook Marketplace icon again
Here is a detailed guide on what you should do to restore the Facebook market place again. Before we proceed, it is important to note here that Facebook marketplace is not available to everyone right at the moment.
With that being said, here are the steps you need to follow to easily access marketplace icon on Facebook giant social media platform.
To restore access to facebook marketplace, here are the things you need to do.
You will need to visit the Marketplace from this link on your device. Note that you will be required to login your facebook account if you have not already gotten that done.
Once you access the facebook marketplace link, 3 things are likely to happen. The things are as listed below:
- The link did not work for you
- The link works but it says your access was removed
- The link works, but you don’t see the shortcut in the Facebook app
If any of the above options happened, here are possible reasons and remedies.
Facebook Marketplace Link Didn’t Work For You
If the link doesn’t work for you, it probably means that the Facebook Marketplace isn’t available to you right now. Here are the possible reasons why you can’t access the Facebook marketplace.
Why Can’t I Access the Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook Marketplace is still being developed, hence, the marketplace is being introduced slowly. What this means is that the Marketplace isn’t available to everyone right now.
In other for the Marketplace to be available for you, you must,
i. Not be new to Facebook
In other to help protect the marketplace community from a scam, Facebook will not allow you access to the Marketplace. Hence, you need to check back later after you must have been engaging with your Facebook account for a while.
ii. Be in a location where Marketplace is available
If you live in (or recently traveled to) a location where Marketplace isn’t available, you won’t be able to use Marketplace.
iii. Facebook Marketplace is only available in the following location
- Costa Rica,
- Czech Republic,
- Dominican Republic,
- New Zealand,
- Puerto Rico,
- South Africa,
- United Kingdom,
- United States and
iv. Be 18 years or older:
People that are below 18 years of age can’t access the facebook marketplace platform. All you need to do in this case is to head over to your facebook account settings page and check if your age on facebook is not up to 18 and then update accordingly.
v. Use Facebook in one of these languages.
To use Marketplace, make sure you’re using Facebook in one of these languages.
- French and French Canadian
- Indonesian (bahasa)
- Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese
vi. Use the latest version of the Facebook app
Marketplace isn’t available on older versions of the Facebook app, or on iPhones models older than the iPhone 5.
2. The Facebook marketplace link works but it says your access was removed
However, if you think you did not violate the policies, you can contact the Facebook team to look into it. To do that,
- You will need to visit www.facebook.com on your browser and login your profile account
- Next, you will need to locate and click Marketplace at the left column of your facebook newsfeed
- Now, you will need to click on the Request Review option and fill out the form.
- Interestingly, Facebook will review your appeal and respond to you within a week. Bear in mind to always check for updates in your Support Inbox or the email associated with your Facebook account.
It is important to note here that if your Marketplace access has been restored, you may need to refresh Facebook.com or download the latest version of the app.
To make the whole process easier for you, here are the complete guides you need to follow to appeal facebook marketplace access:
First off, you will need to click on the facebook marketplace appeal link and an appeal form will appear. Afterward, you will need to fill out the form by entering the following details: your first name, middle name, surname, and then write down the details of the issues you are experiencing with your facebook marketplace in the spaces provided.
Here is a sample of how you can fill the form to ease the understanding of what i am really try to put across to you.
Once you are done filling out the form as outlined above, you will need to click on the send button at the bottom right of the page and a popup box will appear. See the below screenshot for further clarity.
Now, you will need to click on the OK button to proceed. Once you are done with the submission of the form, Facebook will send every update related to the issue to your support inbox. Interestingly, you can easily access your facebook support inbox and get updated with what Facebook has to say about your issue.
Another thing that is worthy of note here is that you can facebook will also send update about your appeal to your notification box. All you need to do is to constantly check your notification to get updated about any develop of your appeal.
3. The Facebook marketplace link works, but you don’t see the shortcut in the Facebook app
If the link works, but you don’t see the shortcut in the Facebook app, try visiting Marketplace from the menu. To do that,
- Open the Facebook app and sign in your profile account
- Next, you will need to locate and tap on the Menu button.
- Now, you will need to tap marketplace. If you don’t see it, tap See More and you should see the facebook marketplace icon
How To Sell On Facebook Marketplace
First off, you will need to open your device and get it connected to an internet source
Next, you will need to open your preferred browser and type www.facebook.com. Now, you will need to facebook login your profile account that is if you have already not gotten that done.
To do that, you will need to type either your email address or phone number and password in the spaces provided and then click on the login button and you will be taken to your facebook account.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will be taken to your facebook profile account. To continue, you will need to head over to the left column of the facebook newsfeed and look for marketplace.
If you don’t see it, click on the see more option and you should see marketplace. Another way is to look at the top of the facebook homepage and you should see a shop-icon. Click on it and you will be taken to the facebook marketplace homepage.
Afterward, if you are a seller and want to list an item for sale on facebook marketplace, you will need to locate and click on the Create New Listing button at the left column of the page.
Once you are done with that, you will be taken to another page. Yes, you will need to choose your listing type. Now, you will need to locate and click on the item for sale option to continue.
Next, you will need to add your item photos. Bear in mind that you can add up to 10 photos of your item. This photos should covers the different angles of your item so that buyers can see what they are bargaining for.
Next is to add your item details. This includes your listing title, your item price, your listing category.
You can select the category by clicking on the category button and you will see the lists of categories that are available. Now, you will need to locate and click on the one that best represent your item.
Next, you will need to select your item’s condition. To do that, simply click on the condition button and choose from the following: new, used – like new, used – good and used – fair.
If you have other want your item to be more attractive, you will need to locate and click on the more details option.
This option will allow you to give a detailed description of your item, choose whether to list your item as in single or to list your item as in stock, enter your product tags will also enable people who search for a particular keywords that is related to your item to be easily seen, enter your item SKU, enter your location, you can also choose your meetup preferences.
Preferences has to do with how you want to deliver your items to buyers. Here, there are options such as public meetup, door pickup as well as door drop-off. Choose the option that you preferred and proceed to the next thing.
Now, you can choose whether you want your friends to see your item once you post it on facebook marketplace. If you don’t want your friends to see, you will need to toggle on the button next to hide from friends option.
Once you are done with the above, you will need to preview your listing and if it is okay with you. All you need to do is to click on the publish button at the bottom of the page.
Next, you can choose where and where you want your listing to be shown and last click post and your listing will be live on facebook marketplace.
Those are the steps you need to follow to start selling on facebook marketplace. It is that simple and easy to undertake.
Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace offers a platform for individuals and businesses to buy and sell items within their local communities. Over the years, it has expanded and evolved, becoming a significant destination for e-commerce. Here are some benefits of selling on Facebook Marketplace:
- Huge Audience Base: Facebook is one of the world’s largest social networks, boasting billions of users. This vast user base provides an expansive audience for sellers to tap into.
- Localized Selling: Marketplace is designed primarily for local transactions, which reduces the complexities and costs of shipping, and allows face-to-face interactions if desired.
- No Listing Fees: Unlike some other online selling platforms, Facebook Marketplace does not charge listing fees. This can make it more cost-effective for casual sellers or those just starting with online sales.
- Integrated with Facebook Business: If you already have a Facebook business page, it can be seamlessly integrated with the Marketplace, allowing you to manage inquiries, showcase products, and communicate with potential customers in one place.
- Trust and Transparency: Buyers can view the profiles of sellers, which can help build a level of trust before transactions. This transparency is beneficial for sellers with a solid reputation and history.
- Easy Communication: The built-in Messenger integration allows for real-time communication between buyers and sellers. It’s quicker and more direct than email and allows for easy negotiation or clarification on product details.
- Mobile-First Design: As many users access Facebook via mobile devices, the Marketplace is designed with mobile users in mind, making listing and communication easy and straightforward on smartphones and tablets.
- Rich Media Listings: Sellers can make use of photos, videos, and detailed descriptions to provide a comprehensive view of their items. This enhances the buying experience and can lead to quicker sales.
- Advanced Search Features: Buyers can search for items using filters like location, category, and price, which helps direct targeted traffic to your listings.
- Ad Promotion: If you want to boost visibility, you have the option of promoting your listings via paid ads. This can expose your items to a wider or more targeted audience.
- Automated Responses: Sellers can set up automated responses to frequently asked questions, streamlining the communication process.
- Insights and Analytics: For businesses, Facebook offers insights on listing performance, such as views, clicks, and inquiries. This can be invaluable for understanding customer behavior and optimizing sales strategies.
- Secure Payment Methods (in some regions): In areas where Facebook Pay is available, secure transactions can take place directly within the platform, ensuring both buyers and sellers have a protected transaction process.
- Constant Updates and Features: Facebook is continually refining and updating the Marketplace based on user feedback and e-commerce trends. This means that the platform is likely to adapt and offer more sophisticated features over time.
While Facebook Marketplace offers a plethora of advantages, it’s also essential for sellers to be aware of potential challenges such as scams, the importance of safe meet-up locations for local sales, and staying updated on Facebook’s terms of service.
17 Tips to Make Sales on Facebook Marketplace
If you are a facebook user and searching for a guide on how to increase sales on Facebook Marketplace, here are some tips for optimizing your listings and interactions:
- High-Quality Photos: Use clear, well-lit photos that showcase the item from various angles. If possible, use a neutral or white background to make the product stand out.
- Detailed Descriptions: Ensure you provide a detailed, accurate description of the item you’re selling. Mention brand names, sizes, colors, features, and any defects or imperfections.
- Set Competitive Prices: Research similar items on the Marketplace to get an idea of the average selling price. Consider starting your price slightly higher to leave room for negotiation.
- Be Responsive: Reply to inquiries promptly. A fast response can be the difference between making a sale and losing a potential customer.
- Build Trust: If you’re a frequent seller, consider connecting your Marketplace profile to your Facebook Business Page. This provides transparency and can instill more confidence in potential buyers.
- Be Honest: Always be upfront about any defects or wear and tear on your item. This will reduce the chance of disputes later on.
- Utilize Facebook Ads: Boosting your listing with Facebook Ads can help increase its visibility to a broader or more targeted audience.
- Update Listings: If an item isn’t selling, consider revising the title, description, or photos. Refreshing your listing can also move it up in search results.
- Be Safe: If you’re meeting a buyer in person, always choose a public place, inform someone about your whereabouts, and if possible, take someone with you.
- Offer Bundle Deals: If you’re selling multiple related items, consider offering bundle deals or discounts to encourage more sales.
- Share Listings: You can share your Marketplace listings on your personal Facebook profile, groups, or even other social media platforms to increase visibility.
- Engage With Potential Buyers Professionally: Be courteous, understanding, and patient. Good customer service can lead to positive reviews and repeat customers.
- Use Keywords Strategically: Think about what potential buyers might type into the search bar when looking for your product and include those keywords in your title and description.
- Highlight Unique Selling Points (USPs): If there’s something unique or particularly desirable about your product, make sure to highlight it in the listing.
- Stay Updated: Monitor trends and popular items on Facebook Marketplace. Adjust your listings or stock based on what’s in demand.
- Flexible Payment Methods: If it’s feasible for you, offering multiple payment methods can increase the chances of a sale. In places where Facebook Pay is available, it’s a secure option to offer.
- Provide Proof of Authenticity: If you’re selling branded or luxury items, potential buyers might ask for proof of authenticity. Having this ready can speed up the sale process.
Bear in mind that successful selling on Facebook Marketplace often requires a combination of good presentation, transparent communication, and adaptability based on customer feedback and trends.
Buyers Guide to Facebook Marketplace
- Check out the seller’s profile on the Marketplace before making a purchase.
- Chat with the text to the seller and request extra details or a closeup photo if you have any concerns about the quality of the thing you’re buying.
- Chat with the seller about what kind of payment works best for them. Also, don’t be afraid to recommend payment services that protect the purchase’s privacy.
- Look at similar products in your neighborhood to find a reasonable price. However, keep in mind that if the seller sells the goods for a “extremely low price,” there could be a reason.
- Don’t disclose too much personal information. Extra caution should be exercised while dealing with bank details.
- To complete a transaction, meet in a public place. Bring strangers home only when absolutely necessary.
- Check the seller’s rating to see if they are reputable.
Sellers Guide on Facebook Marketplace
- Remove all clutter from the background by using a plain, clean background.
- Take product photos from multiple viewpoints to display the product’s true appearance.
- Include one image of the product in use.
- Take high-quality, HD photos using professional cameras.
- Ensure that the lighting is adequate and that the item is easily seen.
Facebook Marketplace – Things You Need To Know
For those who may not be aware, the marketplace was launched by Facebook to address the needs of buyers and sellers. Interestingly, a listing can be created by anyone who wants to sell something on Facebook Marketplace.
Your posts will be visible across Facebook platforms and on search engines because all product profiles are public. However, you can choose who and where you facebook marketplace will appear and facebook will respect that.
When you select the “Marketplace” button from the Facebook mobile application or a desktop mode, a well-arranged grid of images with a price and location beneath each image will be displayed.
You can find “Today’s Picks” and “Suggested Items” can be found by scrolling down. Users can also filter articles by clicking “Categories.”
For the seller, the process is easy. Open the marketplace and select “Sell.” You can then create a new listing from there. Buyers can contact the seller by selecting “Make Offer” or “Message Seller” on the product page.
There is an option for sellers to continue their chat with the buyer on Facebook Messenger, but it is not necessary.
How do I get my Facebook Marketplace back after being banned?
Being banned or restricted on Facebook Marketplace can be frustrating, especially if you rely on it for sales. If you find yourself in this situation, here’s what you can do to try and get your access restored:
- Understand the Reason: Before taking any action, try to understand why you were banned. Facebook typically sends a notification explaining the violation, whether it’s due to a specific listing, a series of listings, or another related issue.
- Review Facebook’s Commerce Policies: Familiarize yourself with Facebook’s Commerce Policies to ensure you aren’t unintentionally violating any rules. Adhering to these guidelines can prevent future bans or restrictions.
- Appeal the Decision:
- Via Help Center: Go to Facebook’s Help Center and find the section related to Marketplace issues. There should be an option to appeal the decision or report a problem.
- Via Notification: If you received a notification about your ban, there might be a link or option within it to dispute or appeal the decision.
- Write a Clear Appeal: When appealing, be concise, respectful, and to the point. Explain your understanding of the violation, any corrective actions you’ve taken, and assure compliance with Facebook’s policies in the future.
- Check Your Account Health: If you use Facebook for business purposes, visit the “Facebook Account Quality” dashboard. This dashboard will provide insights into any violations or issues associated with your account.
- Remove Violating Listings: If specific listings caused the ban, remove them immediately, even if you disagree with the decision. This can show Facebook that you’re taking corrective action.
- Wait Patiently: After appealing, it’s essential to be patient. The review process can take time, and there’s no guaranteed timeline for a resolution.
- Contact Facebook Support: If you don’t get a response after a reasonable amount of time, consider contacting Facebook support directly. While getting a direct response can be challenging, persistently trying multiple channels, including Facebook’s official support channels, can sometimes yield results.
- Join the Marketplace Community: Facebook has an official group for Marketplace users. Here, members share tips, experiences, and sometimes, solutions for issues like bans. Just be sure to follow group rules when posting.
- Consider a New Account: If all else fails and you cannot restore your Marketplace access, you could consider creating a new Facebook account. However, this should be a last resort, as creating multiple accounts violates Facebook’s terms of service and could lead to further bans.
- Stay Updated: Facebook’s policies change over time. To avoid future bans, frequently review the platform’s rules and guidelines to stay compliant.
Why was my access to Facebook Marketplace removed?
There are several reasons why your access to Facebook Marketplace might have been removed. Here are some common causes:
- Violation of Commerce Policies: Facebook has established Commerce Policies that dictate what can and cannot be sold on the platform. For example, selling firearms, animals, drugs, or adult services/products is not allowed. If you list an item that breaches these policies, even inadvertently, you might lose access.
- Multiple Reports: If multiple users report your listings or activities as suspicious, misleading, or inappropriate, Facebook might restrict or suspend your access to the Marketplace.
- Frequent and Rapid Listings: Posting a large number of listings in quick succession can trigger Facebook’s automated systems to think you’re spamming, leading to a temporary or permanent suspension.
- New Facebook Account: Newer Facebook accounts might not have immediate access to the Marketplace. Facebook often requires a certain period of regular activity before granting access to prevent scammers from quickly creating new accounts.
- Suspicious Behavior: Rapid, frequent changes to your account, such as changing your profile picture, name, or adding and removing many friends in a short period, can be seen as suspicious behavior.
- Intellectual Property Violations: Selling counterfeit goods or items that infringe upon someone else’s intellectual property rights can lead to removal from the Marketplace.
- Misleading Listings: Providing false information about products, misleading potential buyers, or not delivering sold items can result in account penalties.
- Using Automation or Bots: Using automated systems or bots to post or manage your Marketplace listings is a violation of Facebook’s terms and can result in a ban.
- Technical Glitches: Sometimes, users lose access to the Marketplace due to system errors or glitches on Facebook’s end.
- Payment Issues: If you’re using Facebook’s payment platform and there’s a problem processing payments, it might affect your Marketplace access.
- Inactivity on Marketplace: If you don’t use the Marketplace feature for an extended period, sometimes access can be limited or restricted.
- Violation of Facebook’s Community Standards: Apart from the Commerce Policies, Facebook has overall Community Standards that users must adhere to. Violations, like promoting hate speech, engaging in harassing behavior, or posting inappropriate content, can affect access to all Facebook features, including the Marketplace.
If you’ve lost access to Facebook Marketplace and aren’t sure why, it’s essential to review both Facebook’s Commerce Policies and Community Standards to gain a clearer understanding. If you believe the removal was in error, you can usually appeal the decision through Facebook’s Help Center.
How long is Facebook Marketplace ban?
Facebook Marketplace bans or suspensions can vary in duration depending on the severity of the violation and whether it’s a first-time or repeat offense. Here’s a breakdown of potential ban durations:
- Temporary Restrictions: These are the most common types of bans for first-time, minor offenses.
- 24 Hours: For minor violations or suspicious activity, Facebook might restrict your access to the Marketplace for 24 hours.
- 72 Hours: If the system determines a more severe breach or repeated minor breaches, you might get a 72-hour suspension.
- 7 Days: More severe or multiple violations can result in a week-long ban.
- Extended Restrictions: For continued non-compliance or for more severe violations, Facebook may extend the ban beyond a week. It’s possible to have access restricted for several weeks to a few months.
- Indefinite Bans: In extreme cases, where a user continually violates Facebook’s Commerce Policies or poses a potential threat to other users, Facebook might permanently ban the user from accessing the Marketplace. Such bans are less common and typically reserved for the most severe violations or fraudulent behaviors.
- Account Deactivation: Beyond just the Marketplace, if you’re found in violation of Facebook’s overarching Community Standards multiple times or in severe manners, your entire Facebook account could be deactivated.
It’s worth noting that Facebook doesn’t always provide explicit timelines for bans, and the actual duration can be influenced by multiple factors, such as user reports, the nature of the listed items, and past behaviors.
If you find yourself restricted from the Marketplace, it’s essential to:
- Review and Understand the Cause: Familiarize yourself with Facebook’s Commerce Policies to ensure you fully understand the rules.
- Appeal if Necessary: If you believe you’ve been banned unfairly or in error, use Facebook’s appeal process. Provide clear explanations and be patient while waiting for a response.
- Avoid Repeated Offenses: If your access gets restored, ensure you comply with all policies to avoid future suspensions.
In some cases, users have found that even after the supposed duration of their ban, they still can’t access the Marketplace. This might be due to technical glitches, and contacting Facebook support or re-appealing might be necessary.
How do I know if someone reported me on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook values the privacy of its users, and this extends to the reporting mechanism on its platform. Therefore, if someone reports you or your listing on Facebook Marketplace, you typically won’t receive a notification explicitly telling you that you were reported or who reported you.
However, there are a few indirect indicators that your activity might have been reported:
- Listing Removal: If one of your listings gets removed, Facebook usually sends a notification indicating that it violates their Commerce Policies. Though this suggests that your listing was either flagged by their system or reported by users, it doesn’t confirm a user report specifically.
- Temporary Ban or Restriction: If you find yourself suddenly unable to access Facebook Marketplace or certain features on Facebook, it might be a result of a report. Again, you will likely receive a notification about the restriction, but it won’t specify if someone reported you.
- Warnings or Messages: Occasionally, Facebook might send you a warning or message about certain behaviors or activities. This could be a result of their internal algorithms detecting suspicious activities or due to user reports.
- Account Review or Verification: In some cases, Facebook might ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information about your account. While this could be a standard procedure, it might also be triggered by reports or suspicious activities.
It’s important to note that:
- Facebook uses a combination of user reports and automated systems to detect violations, so not all actions against your account or listings are necessarily due to user reports.
- Even if you suspect you’ve been reported, there’s no way to find out who reported you. Facebook keeps this information confidential to protect users and to encourage honest reporting without fear of retaliation.
If you believe an action taken against you or your listings is in error, always refer back to Facebook’s Commerce Policies to ensure compliance and use the available channels to appeal or address the issue.