In a dating app saturated market, it’s increasingly difficult to stand out. However, Facebook has managed to do just that with their new dating feature. When so many users are already connected on the platform, it makes sense to begin introducing dedicated dating features.
How does this differ from other dating apps? Well, for starters, you don’t need to leave Facebook in order to use it. And since so many people are connected, you have a much broader potential pool of singles to meet and date.
Now that the feature is available globally and everyone seems pretty into it (over 25 million people signed up in the first week), it’s time to get your profile ready and start swiping!
If you’re feeling a little shy about diving right in or want some insider tips, we have everything you need to know about getting started with Facebook Dating right here.
Find Out What Works For You
Before you start swiping, it’s helpful to know what you’re looking for in terms of a match. It’s also a good idea to find out what will work for you in terms of your dating profile. Let’s break it down:
- How old are you? The minimum age for Facebook Dating is 18. If you’re younger, you’ll need to be patient – the feature will be available to you when you turn 18.
- How do you want to be identified? Do you identify as gay or bi, or do you think you might? Then you can select it. The same goes for straight.
- How do you want to be contacted? You can decide if you want to be contacted via Facebook or via another medium like text or email. You can also decide if you want potential suitors to see your phone number.
- What are you interested in? If you’re actively seeking a relationship or just want to meet new people, you can select these options. There are no guarantees, but it can help your potential matches know what you’re looking for.
- What are your deal breakers? If you have certain things you can’t compromise on, you can note this in your profile.
Set Up Your Profile
Before you start swiping, it’s helpful to set up your profile. This way, you can start building up potential matches right away. The more information you include, the less you’ll have to filter through when starting your search. Let’s start with your photos:
- What are you wearing? It’s best to stick to casual wear, like a t-shirt or a button-up. You don’t want to look too dressed up or like you have something to prove.
- Which photos are you using? You can select up to six photos to show off your best self. These can be selfies, pictures with friends, or images you’ve taken.
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook dating account:
- Facebook login facebook app on your mobile device
- Next, locate and tap the facebook app menu
- Tap dating from the dropdown menu
- Tap get started on the facebook dating platform
- Afterward, you will need to fill out all the required spaces
- Make sure you indicate your interest and also turn on your location.
- Once you are done, submit the form
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook dating account. It is that simple and easy.
Find People You’re Interested In
Once you’ve got your profile set up, it’s time to start swiping! It’s helpful to know what you’re looking for in a match as you go. This can help you focus your search and filter out potential matches who you’re not particularly interested in. Let’s talk about how to find people you’re interested in:
- How many people do you want to see at once? You can select anywhere from one to 10 at a time, depending on how much you want to be overwhelmed.
- What are you looking for? You can select interests, relationship readiness, and religion to help narrow your search.
- Is there anyone you’re not interested in? You can select options like “don’t like” or “not interested in” to help filter out potential matches before you even have to swipe left.
Go On Dates!
You’ve found someone you like, so what now? Well, you can like their profile and they will get a notification that you have liked their profile. Interestingly, if they like you back, you can then start a conversation from there. Yes, if you’re feeling bold, send them a message! It’s helpful to stand out, so try to avoid being too much like everyone else.
If you’re feeling more reserved, adding them as a connection is a low-pressure way to get to know them a little bit before diving into a conversation.
Once you’re connected, you can start exchanging messages, adding them as a friend, or inviting them to join groups you’re a part of. Once you’re ready to take things to the next level, you can go on a date!
Tips For Going on Dates From Facebook Dating
- Research your match – Before you head to the first date, do some research. Look at their pictures, their likes, and their comments to get a better sense of who they are. This can help you have a more natural conversation.
- Be yourself – The best way to find a good match is to be yourself. If you try to be someone else, they’ll probably be able to tell.
- Keep an open mind – The dating process can be overwhelming. It’s best to keep an open mind and not compare yourself to others.
- Don’t be afraid to be picky – Sometimes people pressure you to date anyone and everyone. It’s important to remember that dating isn’t a race.
Is Facebook Dating worth using?
Facebook Dating is an excellent way to meet new people. Whether you’re new to the dating scene or have been single for awhile, this is a great way to meet new people. It’s helpful to have a wide range of potential dates to choose from, and Facebook Dating makes this easier than most.
It’s also helpful because you have a built-in feature to communicate with potential matches. While dating apps make it easier to connect with people, they don’t make it any easier to talk to them once you have their attention.
Facebook Dating solves this problem and makes the entire experience a lot easier. That being said, if you’re comfortable with dating apps, you might find that they’re a better option for you.
Dating apps are often more tailored to specific niches, so it’s easier to find people who are interested in the same things you are. Facebook Dating is a general dating app, so it doesn’t cater to any specific interests. This can make it harder to find a good match, but it also opens the door to dating people who you might not normally meet.
How does Facebook Dating actually work?
Facebook Dating works in a couple of ways. First off, you will need to have a facebook profile account since the feature is only accessible via the platform. Next, you will need to sign up for a facebook dating profile account that is entirely different from the main facebook account.
Afterward, you can start by accessing a list of potential matches, either based on their interests or on who has liked you. You can also click on the “discover” tab to find potential matches based on your location, education, work, and language.
Once you find a match, you can like them, message them, or add them as a connection. If they like you back, you have the option to go on a date by starting a conversation with them. You can also use Facebook Dating to find potential matches based on mutual friends. This is helpful for those who are shy about dating.