Online dating has become even more popular in recent years as people grow more comfortable with meeting new people online. The emergence of new dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, alongside old standbys like eHarmony and Plenty of Fish, means there’s no shortage of ways to find a potential partner online.
But what about sites that are specifically geared toward meeting partners and starting relationships? That’s where Facebook comes in with its latest service: their own Dating app. While there are many different dating apps on the market, few have anywhere near the amount of users as Facebook.
As such, using their own dating app is one of the best ways to meet other people who are also interested in finding romance. Hopefully you will find your special someone too (and not just weirdos). Let’s dive into how you can get started with Facebook Dating and make the most of it.
What Is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a new feature that lets Facebook users find new people to date and start new relationships. The service is available to users over the age of 18, though you can only join if you’re single and not in a relationship. As with many of Facebook’s services, you can use Dating no matter which country you’re in.
This feature was recently added to Facebook’s suite of apps, allowing users to browse potential matches and interact with them in their Facebook feed. After receiving a ton of criticism for this new feature, Facebook added a privacy setting so that people who aren’t your friends can’t view your profile.
How to Use Facebook Dating
When you first log into Facebook Dating, you’ll be taken to your home feed where you’ll see possible matches. If you like someone and want to send them an invite, you can do so by tapping the ‘like’ button. If you want to see who has liked you on facebook dating, you can browse the ‘notifications’ tab.
If you want to browse potential matches, you can do so in the ‘Dates’ tab. There you will see an endless feed of potential matches, as well as an option to ‘like’ someone you want. This is a simple way to break the ice and send a simple ‘Hi, how are you?’ message and see if you have a potential match.
Finding a Partner with Facebook Dating
As with all online dating, finding a potential partner is all about finding people who you connect with and feel like you would like to go on a date with. While you might not find love the first time around or with the first person you go on a date with, it’s important to keep an open mind and try to find someone who you click with.
If you feel like you’re not getting anywhere with the app, you can always browse the available dating sites and apps in the market and see if any of them are a better fit for you. There are many different websites and apps that focus on finding a potential partner, and it never hurts to try them all.
Making the Most of Facebook Dating
If you want to make the most of Facebook Dating, it’s important to be open to new relationships and not just focus on finding a romantic partner. This isn’t just a dating app for singles looking for love but also for people in open relationships. Make sure to define your relationship status at the outset so that people know what they’re getting into.
There are millions of people on Facebook, and it’s possible that you’ll find a potential partner in your social circle whom you never even considered dating. While it can be nice to date someone you know in real life, you also never know who you might meet on Facebook Dating.
Getting Started With Facebook Dating
If you want to get started with Facebook Dating, the first thing you should do is make sure you’re logged in and signed up. You can do this by clicking on the ‘Dating’ icon at the top of your Facebook feed.
Once you’re signed up and logged in, you can browse potential matches and send ‘Spark’ messages. Once you’ve found a few potential matches, it’s time to break the ice and make sure Facebook Dating works for you.
If you’re struggling to find people to go on a date with, you can always try sending a ‘Spark’ message to someone and see if they respond.
The Pros of Using Facebook’s Dating App
- A large user base – With over a billion monthly users, there is a good chance you’ll find a potential partner on Facebook Dating.
- Endless matchmaking options – You can find potential partners not just via your Facebook feed, but also through groups, events, and other ways.
- A variety of ways to connect – You can connect with others via messaging, voice calls, video chats, and more.
- A built-in friend network – You can easily and conveniently meet new people who are already in your friend network.
- A variety of privacy settings – You can control who can see your profile, who can see your profile, and who can send you invites.
- The option to be in an open relationship – If you’re in an open relationship, you can use Facebook Dating to meet other people who share your relationship values.
The Cons of Using Facebook’s Dating App
- A large user base – While it’s great that there are so many people using the app, it also means you’ll have to wade through a lot of people you aren’t interested in.
- Endless matchmaking options – This can also be a bad thing, since you have the potential to be inundated with potential matches.
- A variety of ways to connect – While this is convenient, it also means you’re connecting with a lot of people at once, which can be overwhelming.
- A built-in friend network – While this can be a good thing, it also means that you’ll be meeting people you might normally not consider dating.
- A variety of privacy settings – This can also be a good thing, but it also means that some people might not be who they say they are.
How to sign up for Facebook Dating
If you want to sign up for Facebook Dating, all you have to do is click on the ‘Dating’ icon at the top of your Facebook feed and follow the prompts. You will be asked to confirm that you’re over 18 and single, as well as select your gender and provide some information about yourself.
Once you’ve signed up, you can browse potential matches, send ‘Spark’ messages, and make sure Facebook Dating works for you. Whether you’re looking for a casual dating app or a serious relationship, Facebook Dating has something for everyone. If you’re interested in finding romance online, you’re likely to find it on Facebook. Here are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook dating account:
- Turn on your mobile phone
- Turn on your mobile network or get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to your menu and click on the facebook app
- Login to your facebook account if you are required to do so
- Afterward, tap on the facebook app menu button
- From the dropdown locate and tap dating or if you don’t see the dating button, locate and tap see more. On the next page, tap dating and you will be taken to the facebook dating platform.
- Now, fill out the registration form and then submit
Bear in mind that enter your interest and location. This will allow facebook to carry out the matching for you.
The Facebook Dating Guide: How to Get Started and Make the Most of it
If you’re single and not looking to fall in love, you can’t escape the idea of online dating. It seems like every day, a new site pops up with the promise of finding your soul mate. With so many dating apps and websites out there, it can be hard to figure out which one is best for you.
Also read: Nearby Me Facebook singles For Date
Luckily, there’s one dating app that has become a staple in the online dating world. With over a billion users, Facebook is a great place to start your online dating journey. Whether you’re new to online dating or you’ve been at it for years, the basics of finding love online are the same.
You’ll want to sign up for Facebook Dating, set up your profile, and find someone you’re interested in going on a date with.
Ultimately, dating apps are evolving and becoming much more than just a way to find a potential partner. From Tinder to Bumble to Facebook Dating, these apps are now being used as a way to stay connected with old friends and family members whom you would otherwise lose touch with. If you want to stay connected but are feeling bored with the same old social media apps,