How To Date On Facebook: The past few years have been rough for online dating. It seems like every time we turn around, there’s a new website, app, or service launching that claims to be the “ultimate” dating site. With so many options for getting together, how do you know which one is right for you?
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have friends or family who will act as a matchmaker. That’s where online dating comes in. With websites like Facebook, you don’t have to go it alone. In fact, there are plenty of people out there looking for love just like you. You just have to know where to look.
Forget the traditional “ Alone, but not lonely ” approach to online dating. Think of this article as your personal guide to Facebook dating. From knowing how to message to figuring out how to find people with whom you have something in common, we’ll take you through the whole process. Keep reading to discover all of the ins and outs of meeting people on Facebook.
What Is Facebook Dating?
If you’ve been on any other dating site or app, you’ll see what we’re talking about when we say that Facebook dating is different.
Unlike other sites, all you have to do is sign up, fill in your basic information, specify your preferences and boom! You’re ready to start browsing the profiles of people you’re interested in meeting.
That’s the whole concept of dating online, right? Eliminate some of the awkwardness and guesswork by letting the computer do the work for you.
How to Use Facebook for Dating
Sign up for a Facebook account if you haven’t already. If you already have a Facebook, make sure you’re signed in before you start swiping.
Once you’ve logged in, it’s time to start swiping!
First things first, you’ll want to make sure that you’ve adjusted your privacy settings so that only friends can see your timeline. You don’t want to be wasting your time by swiping right on people that aren’t interested in meeting you!
Once you’ve got that taken care of, it’s time to start swiping.
When you’re logged into Facebook, your profile should appear at the top of the screen.
This is the best place to start swiping because it gives you access to all of your friends’ profiles.
As you swipe left and right, you’ll notice that there are three columns of information at the bottom of the screen.
These columns are called “the metrics” and they’re how Facebook determines which of your friends you may want to meet.
Here are the three metrics that you’ll want to pay attention to:
Total Likes – The number of times that someone has liked one of your posts. This is a good indicator of how popular a person is on Facebook.
Friends in Common – The number of times that two of your friends have liked something from each other. This metric is a good indicator of how mutual the friends are.
Total Comments – The number of times that someone has commented on one of your posts. The more comments someone has, the more likely they are to actually message you back.
How to Get a Date on Facebook
Now that you’ve got a better understanding of how Facebook dating works, it’s time to learn how to get a date using the platform.
There are a few steps that you need to follow in order to “win” the Facebook dating game.
First, you’ll want to make sure that you’re following all of the steps that we outlined above in order to create a dating profile that will get you noticed.
Next, you’ll want to make sure that you’re actively engaging with the people that you’re interested in. You’re not going to want to be ignoring or blocking anyone, so make sure that you’re responding to their messages as soon as you receive them.
Once you’ve got those two things down, it’s time to start looking for mutual friends.
When you’ve found a few mutual friends, it’s time to start messaging!
Here’s what you need to do in each situation:
If a mutual friend posts something that catches your eye, make sure to like or comment on it so that the person you’re messaging sees it.
If the mutual friend that you’ve picked out to message doesn’t seem to be interested, try someone else. You may be able to easily spark some interest by swapping comments or liking their posts.
If the person that you’ve chosen to message isn’t responding, it’s time to move on. It’s not personal. Many people feel nervous when they first get started on dating apps and don’t know what to say. Don’t worry. This happens. Just move on to the next person on your list and try again.
How to Keep a Conversation Going on Facebook
Now that you’ve got the down low on how to use Facebook for dating, it’s time to learn how to keep a conversation going.
First things first, if the person that you’re talking to isn’t actively trying to meet up with you, don’t pressure them.
Second, when you have a conversation, don’t just stick to talking about the topic at hand. Try to intersperse your conversation with topics that the other person might find interesting, even if you don’t.
Finally, make sure that you’re keeping your messages short and sweet.
The #1 Mistake That Holds Back Your chances of meeting someone on Facebook
There’s a lot of mystery and stigma around dating apps, websites, and services like Facebook.
People are afraid that someone is going to “swipe right” on them and they’ll never know how they got matched up.
The good news is that you’re not going to swipe right on anyone until they swipe right on you.
That means that you’ve got time to figure out how you feel about someone before you decide to take it to the next level.
The more comfortable you are with the process, the easier it will be to meet people.
How to Successfully Initiate a Conversation
When you’re on a first date, it can be nerve-wracking. You don’t know what to expect, so you’re probably living in a state of anxiety.
Don’t stress out! It’s perfectly normal to feel a little bit nervous on your first date.
The key is to relax and have fun. You can do this!
First, you’ll want to make sure that the person that you’re on a date with actually wants to go out with you. If they say yes, it’s on. If they say no, you need to move on.
Next, you’ll want to pick a fun date that you’re both interested in. It can’t just be about going to the movies or a sporting event. You want to pick something that you both enjoy doing.
When you’ve got your date planned out, it’s time to figure out where you’re going to eat.
Here’s what you need to do:
Decide on a restaurant that you both like.
Now that you’ve got the restaurants picked out, it’s time to figure out where you’re going to eat.
How to Use Facebook to Find People with whom you have something in common
Facebook is a robust platform that offers various ways to connect with people who share similar interests or backgrounds. Here’s how you can use Facebook to find people with whom you have something in common:
- Profile Information:
- Hometown and Current City: Check out the profiles of friends or even friends of friends to see if you have the same hometown or current city.
- Educational Institutions and Workplaces: The ‘About’ section of profiles often lists schools and workplaces. You can click on these links to see others who have attended the same school or work at the same place.
- Search for Interest Groups: If you have a particular hobby, passion, or interest, search for groups related to that topic and join them.
- Alumni Groups: Most universities and schools have alumni groups on Facebook. Joining these groups can help you connect with fellow alumni.
- Location-based Groups: Many neighborhoods, cities, or regions have dedicated Facebook groups. Joining these can help you find locals with whom you might share common experiences.
- Like and Follow Pages: Pages related to your interests can be a hotspot for interactions. Engage in the comments section, and you might find people who share your enthusiasm.
- RSVP to Events: If there’s an event related to your interest, RSVPing or showing interest can allow you to see others who are attending. This is an excellent way to spot people with common interests.
- Facebook’s “Discover People” Feature:
- Some users have access to a feature called “Discover People,” which suggests people you might want to connect with based on mutual interests, events attended, groups joined, and other criteria.
- Search Function:
- Use the Search Bar: Enter keywords related to your interests, and filter the results by ‘People’. This might lead you to profiles of those who have mentioned the same interests in their public posts or profiles.
- Mutual Friends:
- Exploring the friend lists of your current friends, especially those who share your interests, can be a way to find people with common backgrounds or hobbies.
- Facebook often suggests friends based on various criteria, including mutual friends, similar interests, groups, and more. Keep an eye on the “People You May Know” section.
- Engage in Conversations:
- Whenever you comment on posts related to your interests, whether on pages, groups, or personal profiles, you’re likely to come across others who resonate with your thoughts.
- Facebook Marketplace:
- If you’re into buying, selling, or just browsing items locally, Facebook Marketplace can also be a place to interact with locals and find common ground.
Remember, when reaching out to new people or accepting friend requests, always exercise caution. It’s essential to prioritize your safety and privacy. Ensure you’re interacting genuinely and not spamming or infringing on others’ comfort levels.
Which country is Facebook Dating available?
If you are located in any of these below listed countries, trust me, you would be able to access and use facebook dating if you have also met the other requirements for accessing the free online dating platform.
- Czech Republic,
- the United Kingdom.
- the Philippines,
- the United States,
- Uruguay and
Facebook Dating Requirements
First off, Facebook dating is free to use and anyone can easily access the feature on the giant social media platform and sign up for an account. Well, before you would be able to use facebook dating, there are some requirements you need to meet.
Yes, to safe guide the platform, facebook sets out requirements which intending users must satisfy before the feature will be available to them. Below are the requirements for accessing the facebook dating app on your device.
- You must have a facebook account. Contrary to the believe that facebook dating is a standalone app, the dating feature is built into the facebook app. This means that you must have a facebook account before you can access it.
- To use facebook dating, you must be 18 years old and above.
- You must have the facebook app downloaded on your mobile device. This is because facebook dating is only available on the facebook app version of the platform. At the moment, facebook dating website users can’t use the feature as it is not yet available in the website version.
- Your facebook account must be at least 30 days from the date of its creation. Learn how to find out the exact date of your facebook account creation. This requirement is adopted by facebook to tackle scam activities on the platform.
- You must be in a location where facebook dating is available. We have listed all the countries where facebook dating is currently available in the preceding section of this article.
- You must sign up a facebook dating profile account before you can start using it to connect with singles on the giant social media platform. Read: How To Create a Facebook dating profile account
- You must have the latest version of the facebook app. Thus, if your facebook dating is outdated, you will need to update it to the latest version to start using facebook dating on your device.
Those are the requirements for accessing facebook dating on your device without stress.
Why can’t I find Facebook Dating?
If you can’t find Facebook Dating, there could be several reasons for its absence. Here’s a breakdown of potential explanations:
- Geographic Restrictions:
- Facebook Dating isn’t available in all countries. FB dating had been rolled out in several countries, but not worldwide. If you reside in a region where Facebook Dating hasn’t been introduced, you won’t see the feature.
- Age Restrictions:
- Facebook Dating is designed for users who are 18 years old and above. If the age on your Facebook profile is below 18, you won’t have access to this feature.
- New or Recently Reactivated Account:
- If you’ve recently created a new Facebook account or reactivated an old one, it might take some time before you can access Facebook Dating.
- Facebook App Version:
- Ensure your Facebook app is updated to the latest version. An outdated app might not have the Facebook Dating feature.
- Not Using the Main Facebook App:
- Facebook Dating is available through the main Facebook app and not the Facebook Lite app or the desktop website. Ensure you’re using the official mobile app.
- Profile Status:
- If your account has certain limitations, restrictions, or is in violation of Facebook’s community standards, you might not be able to access Facebook Dating.
- Opt-in Feature:
- Facebook Dating is an opt-in feature. This means you won’t automatically see it unless you decide to use it. It’s located in the menu (the three horizontal lines) of the Facebook app, under the “Dating” section.
- Technical Glitches:
- Sometimes, there might be temporary technical issues or glitches that prevent some features from appearing. Restarting the app or even reinstalling it might help.
- It’s Been Removed:
- It’s possible that Facebook may have removed the Dating feature from certain regions or entirely due to various reasons, such as changes in its service offering or regulatory concerns.
- Profile Verification:
- Facebook might need to verify certain aspects of your profile before granting access to the Dating feature.
Facebook Dating Sign Up – How To Create A Facebook Dating Account
Facebook dating sign up which is the same as how to activate facebook dating is pretty simple and easy to undertake. To get started, you will need to do the following:
- Open your device and turn on your internet connection
- Head over to your menu section and tap on the facebook app and you will be taken to your profile account. However, if you are yet to sign in your account, you will need to enter either your phone number or email address and password in the spaces provided and tap sign in and you will be taken to your account.
- Afterward, you will need to locate and tap on your profile photo at the top right corner of bottom right corner of the page.
- Next, locate and tap dating. If you don’t see dating, scroll down the page and tap see more and thereafter, tap dating.
- The next step is to locate and tap on the get started button.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to finish your facebook dating sign up process.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook dating account.
Facebook Dating App Download – How To Download Facebook Dating App
First off, Facebook Dating App Download is the same thing as facebook app download. Yes, facebook dating doesn’t have a separate app from the main facebook platform. What facebook does is to give a section within the facebook app to dating. Thus, the name facebook dating. So you don’t have a dating a facebook dating app to start using because there is nothing like that.
Rather, you will need to download the facebook app on your device and then sign up your dating account via the menu section of the giant social media platform. If you already have a facebook app, all you need to do is to update it to the latest version and the dating feature will be made available to you.
Another thing that is worthy of note here is that Facebook Dating is not available on Facebook Lite or the desktop version of Facebook. It’s strictly an offering within the standard mobile Facebook app.
In essence, if you’re looking to try out Facebook Dating, ensure you have the latest version of the primary Facebook mobile app, then navigate to the Dating section within the app’s menu.
How to Get Facebook Dating On iPhone
If you use an iPhone and other iOS devices to access the facebook app, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get facebook dating app on your device.
- Turn on your iPhone and get it connected to an internet sorce
- Next, head over to the menu section and tap on facebook app
- Afterward, enter your email address or phone number and password in the spaces provided and tap on the sign in button to proceed to your profile account
- Thereafter, you will need to tap on your profile photo at the bottom right of the facebok app
- Now, locate and tap dating from the dropdown menu
- If you have not facebook dating sign up an account already, you will need tap on the get started button and the follow the onscreen instructions to create your account.
Those are the steps you need to follow to get facebook dating on iPhone.
How to Get Facebook Dating On Android
Just like How to Get Facebook Dating On iPhone, how to get facebook dating on android device is pretty simple and easy. Here are complete steps you need to follow to easily get it done.
- Turn on your device and connect your internet
- Next, tap on the facebook app in your menu
- Afterward, enter your login details and tap sign in to proceed to your account
- Now, tap on your profile photo at the top right corner of the facebook app
- Thereafter, locate and tap dating from the dropdown menu. Bear in mind that you may need to tap see more to open more option if you don’t see the dating feature.
- Once taken to the facebook dating homepage, locate and tap get started and follow the onscreen instructions to finish creating your account.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily figure out how to get facebook dating on android.
Facebook Dating Not Showing Up
If Facebook Dating isn’t showing up on your Facebook app, there could be various reasons, as previously mentioned. Here’s a step-by-step approach on how to fix Facebook Dating not showing up issue:
- Check Eligibility:
- Ensure you are 18 years old or older.
- Confirm that Facebook Dating is available in your country or region.
- Update the Facebook App:
- Outdated apps might not have newer features like Facebook Dating. Go to your device’s app store (Google Play for Android or App Store for iOS) and update the Facebook app if an update is available.
- Restart Your App/Device:
- Sometimes, simply restarting the app or even your device can resolve minor glitches or issues.
- Check the App Menu:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (menu) typically located in the top right (iOS) or bottom right (Android).
- Scroll down and check if “Dating” appears in the list.
- Log Out and Log In:
- Log out of your Facebook account from the app.
- Close the app completely.
- Launch it again and log back in.
- Reinstall the Facebook App:
- Delete/uninstall the Facebook app from your device.
- Go to your device’s app store and reinstall the app.
- Log in to your account and check the menu for the Dating option.
- Check Account Status:
- Ensure your Facebook account is not restricted or limited due to violations of Facebook’s community standards.
- Check for Announcements:
- Sometimes, features might be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or other issues. Check Facebook’s official channels or news sections for any announcements related to Facebook Dating.
- Use the Main Facebook App:
- Facebook Dating is not available on the Facebook Lite app or the desktop version. Ensure you’re using the primary mobile app.
- Profile Verification:
- Ensure all primary aspects of your Facebook profile (like email and phone number) are verified.
- Contact Facebook Support:
- If none of the above solutions work, you might consider reaching out to Facebook’s help center or support. They might provide more specific information or solutions based on your account and region.
Remember, Facebook Dating might not be available to all users, even within regions where the service has launched. It depends on various factors, including Facebook’s internal algorithms and user eligibility. If the feature is still not accessible despite following these steps, it might not be currently available for your specific profile.
Facebook Dating Link
For those of us who are searching for the term facebook dating link, the facebook dating official link is facebook.com/dating.
Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the facebook dating sign up page on your device.
FAQs on facebook dating for beginners
1. What is Facebook Dating?
Answer: Facebook Dating is a feature within the main Facebook app that allows users to create a separate dating profile and connect with others looking for romantic relationships.
2. How much does Facebook Dating cost?
Answer: Facebook Dating is a free feature. There’s no cost to create a profile, view matches, or send messages.
3. How do I set up a Facebook Dating profile?
Answer: Within the main Facebook app, navigate to the “Dating” section. From there, you’ll be guided through the setup process where you can fill out your profile details, upload photos, and specify your preferences.
4. Can my Facebook friends see my Dating profile?
Answer: No, your Facebook Dating profile is separate from your main Facebook profile. Your friends won’t know you’re using Facebook Dating unless they are also using it and match with you.
5. Is Facebook Dating available everywhere?
Answer: No, Facebook Dating is only available in specific regions and countries where Facebook has launched this feature.
6. How are matches determined on Facebook Dating?
Answer: Facebook Dating suggests matches based on factors like preferences, interests, and mutual friends, while ensuring you don’t get matched with your current Facebook friends.
7. Can I link my Instagram to Facebook Dating?
Answer: Yes, you can integrate Instagram posts and stories into your Facebook Dating profile to share more aspects of your life with potential matches.
8. Is there an age limit for Facebook Dating?
Answer: Yes, only users who are 18 years old and above can use Facebook Dating.
9. How do I report or block someone on Facebook Dating?
Answer: If you encounter inappropriate behavior, you can report or block a user directly from their Dating profile or from your conversation with them.
10. Do I need to download a separate app for Facebook Dating?
Answer: No, Facebook Dating is integrated into the main Facebook app. There’s no separate app to download.
11. How is my privacy protected on Facebook Dating?
Answer: Facebook has implemented several privacy features for Dating, such as the ability to report and block users, not matching with current Facebook friends, and more. Moreover, your Dating activity doesn’t appear on your main Facebook profile or news feed.
12. Can I delete my Facebook Dating profile?
Answer: Yes, you can delete your Dating profile at any time without affecting your main Facebook account.