How to Cancel the Apple Music Auto-renewal Subscription
There are a few options for ending your Apple Music subscription. either through iTunes on your Mac or PC or your iOS device. Here, we examine how to achieve both.
You must cancel your free 90-day Apple Music trial subscription by September 30 if you signed up for it when it first opened on July 30 and decide you no longer want it. You will be charged the $9.99/month subscription price (or $14.99/month for the family plan) if you don’t cancel.
You have two options for canceling the subscription: using iTunes on your Mac or PC, or by using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Here, we examine how to achieve both.
Cancel Apple Music via iTunes
Note: Here I am using the latest version of iTunes on Windows 10 PC.
Launch iTunes on your computer and select your account icon at the top, and then select Account info, and type in your account password.
- Scroll down to Settings and select Manage > Subscriptions.
- On the next page, you’ll see your subscriptions. Click Apple Music Membership. Here you can also see the date when the free trial ends.
- Now flip the Auto-renewal switch off and then verify you want to cancel in the dialog that pops up
Cancel Apple Music via your iOS device
- Launch the Music app and tap your profile icon in the top-left corner, and then tap View Apple ID and type in your password.
- Next, go select Manage under the Subscriptions header.
- Next tap on Apple Music Membership.
- Now flip the Automatic Renewal switch off, and then Turn Off to the verification message that comes up.
You may still join up for a three-month trial of Apple Music, and if you decide not to keep it after that, you can always go in and turn off the obnoxious Automatic Renewal feature that is inconveniently turned on by default.