How to Add an Extension in Chrome
Click Extensions at chrome.google.com/webstore to add an extension to the Google Chrome browser. Then click Add to Chrome after browsing or searching for an extension. To view a list of your active extensions, click the Extension button.
- Open the Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Then go to the Chrome Web Store. You can find this by entering chrome.google.com/webstore into the address bar at the top of your web browser.
- Next, click Extensions. You will see this at the top of the left sidebar.
- Then use the search bar to find an extension. You can search for extensions by name, category, or any related keyword.
- Next, click Add to Chrome. You can also click the name of the extension to see more details, reviews, and related extensions.
- Then click Add Extension in the pop-up window.
- Finally, you can access your extension by clicking the Extensions button in the top-right corner of your window. You can click the extension’s name or the three-dot icon to the right to access more settings and options. Clicking the thumbtack icon will also pin the extension to the right of your address bar.
Check out our selection of the top Chrome extensions if you’re unsure of what to add.
How to Disable Chrome Extensions
Click the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser window to disable an extension in Chrome. Then select the item you want to disable by clicking the blue slider under More Tools > Extensions.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser.
- Then click the menu button. This is the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Next, hover your mouse over More Tools. You will see a pop-up menu appear.
- Then select Extensions.
- Finally, click the blue slider next to the extension you want to disable.
By clicking the Extensions button in the top-right corner of your window, you can verify that your extension has been turned off. Your extension has likely been disabled if it’s not listed in the drop-down menu.
By clicking the blue slider once more, you can then enable an extension once more.
How to Remove Chrome Extensions
Enter chrome:/extensions/ into your browser’s address bar to entirely uninstall an extension from the Google Chrome web browser. Next, select Remove next to the extension you wish to get rid of.