Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations is what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are a facebook user and searching for an article that explained everything you need to know about facebook marketplace rules and regulations, this article has gotten you covered. Keep reading and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones so that they will also get to learn about it.
Well, before we shall proceed with facebook marketing place rules, let’s first off, consider how to create a facebook account that will allow you access the marketing place. Trust me, this is particular important so that those that would want to learn how to create a facebook account can easily get that done right away.
Thus, if you are among the numerous persons who are yet to sign up for a facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- Open your mobile device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to google play store or apple apps store and search for facebook
- Tap on the install button
- Download the app on your device
- Tap create or sign up account button
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter either your email address or phone number
- Select your gender and enter your date of birth
- Enter your password
- Tap create account
- Go to your email address or SMS and get your facebook account verified
Afterward, set up your facebook profile by enter your information and uploading your cover and profile picture.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create facebook account.
Having done that, let’s proceed with the business of the day, Facebook Marketplace Rules and Regulations | All You Need To Know.
Facebook Marketplace is a place where people discover, buy and sell items. Facebook allows sellers to list their goods or services on the Marketplace. This allows buyers to be able to reach the items listed in their own location.
People and brands may list items in the different categories as available in the Facebook marketplace. This enables buyers to view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product. Can’t find the Facebook Market Place feature on your Facebook? see why here
If you are a seller or a buyer in the Facebook marketplace, then you should acquaint yourself with some Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace must comply with Facebook rules and regulations.
In this post, you will learn about the Facebook marketplace rules and how to buy or sell safely in the Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
Still, got some other question or suggestions? Kindly use the comment section below, and we shall get back to you ASAP. Thanks and do well to share this article with your social media friends, using the share button below.
The Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace allows businesses to easily showcase their products and brands to millions of customers.
Here are some advantages of FB marketplace:
1. Extended reach.
Retailers on the FB marketplace will be able to sell their products to potentially millions of customers.
2. Personalized customer experience.
Facebook Marketplace helps customers find their products and connect business to the right customers.
This will allow relevant products to be discovered by the right customer base, leading to better opportunities to make fast sales and customer satisfaction.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Here are some of the categories you can access on facebook marketplace. Interestingly, people and brands may list items in the following categories:
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Home & Garden.