70 / 100
Chad Basin Commission
The Chad Basin Commission was established in 1964. It draws its membership from countries bordering it. These are the Chad Republic, Nigeria, Cameroon and Niger Republic.
Aims and Objectives of the Chad Basin Commission
- To promote joint development of the resources around the lake basin.
- To regulate through articulate guidelines, the use of water in the Chad basin.
- To undertake joint projects predicated on effective use of the lake’s resources for the mutual benefit of member countries.
Achievements of the Chad Basin Commission
- Chad Basin Commission established a Development Fund in 1972 to finance projects that are beneficial to all member countries.
- The Chad Basin Commission offers enormous opportunities for joint efforts in viable ventures in agriculture and fishing, irrigation system, animal husbandry, exploitation of mineral resources and transport activities.
Facebook Comments Box