In today’s digital world, everyone is connected through mobile devices. People conduct almost all activities on their phones, from surfing the web, reading news and emails to watching videos and making video calls. In other words, mobile is no longer just a means of communication but also a powerful marketing tool for businesses of all sizes.
Moreover, with the increasing adoption of smartphones and tablets globally, it has become imperative for businesses to adopt mobile marketing strategies to reach their target audience. Mobile marketing is a type of digital marketing that encourages users to take action by communicating with them through mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets.
With this blog post you’ll learn about 5 types of mobile marketing strategies your business can implement right away to boost its visibility and drive more traffic to your website.
The world has changed. No longer are people locked away in their homes, or spending time in bars, clubs, or other specific establishments to meet new friends and strangers. People now have access to dating apps, social media sites, and other modes of communication that’ve enabled them to connect with others wherever they go.
As such, businesses must adapt accordingly if they wish to remain relevant and thrive. It’s no secret that mobile marketing is an essential tool for businesses today. Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, integrating mobile marketing into your marketing strategy can be the difference between success and failure.
However, it can be challenging coming up with an effective mobile marketing strategy for your business. Given the amount of businesses struggling with this same issue, we’ve compiled a list of the top types of mobile marketing strategies you can use as inspiration:
A great way to begin your mobile marketing campaign is to rebuild trust with your current customers. As you know, the competition in each industry is fierce. Therefore, you must ensure you have the upper-hand with your current customers by providing exceptional customer service, and creating trust with them through the use of mobile marketing.
Customers are more likely to spend their money with businesses that they trust. Therefore, by rebuilding trust with your customers, you can increase your sales and revenue, as well as create raving fans.
To rebuild trust with your customers, you can use SMS marketing. This strategy enables you to communicate with your customers directly from their phone. Through SMS, you can send your customers automated marketing texts, such as order confirmations, shipping and delivery updates, as well as product recommendations.
This strategy can help you create a more personal connection with your customers, and boost your sales by increasing the frequency of orders.
Constant Contact Strategies
Another great strategy that businesses can use to boost their mobile marketing efforts is constant contact marketing. As opposed to only communicating with your customers during a specific time frame, you can use constant contact marketing to communicate with them whenever they need your business. For example, if your business is a plumber, you can offer to send a text to any person in your area who needs a plumber.
This way, you’re offering a service that you’re already qualified to offer, while also gaining the business of new customers. Another idea is to create a newsletter, or a daily/weekly email that customers can sign up for and receive directly to their phone. This way, you can offer customers helpful information, as well as remind them of your business and what you have to offer.
Lead Generation Strategies
Another effective strategy for mobile marketing is lead generation. As opposed to only targeting customers who have already purchased your product, lead generation focuses on bringing in potential customers. Through mobile marketing, you can offer coupons, discounts, and other incentives in order to get new customers to choose your business.
This strategy can be especially effective if your business is new or in a highly competitive industry. While many businesses rely solely on cold calling to gain new customers, nowadays many people find this to be an uncomfortable experience. With mobile marketing, you can avoid cold calling entirely and still bring in new customers to your business.
When it comes to lead generation, you can also send emails directly to your customers’ phones. This way, you can offer coupons, deals, and other incentives to get them to visit your business.
Effective Advertising Strategies
Another great strategy for mobile marketing is to create effective ads. With this strategy, you can strategically place your ads on different ad networks and/or platforms, such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, and/or YouTube.
With mobile advertising, you can create ads that are specific to each device, and are therefore more likely to capture the attention of your potential customers. Another idea is to create a mobile-first ad campaign. With a mobile-first ad campaign, you create ads that are specifically designed for mobile devices.
Mobile-first ad campaigns are more likely to capture the attention of your intended customers. They are also more likely to be effective than ads that have been designed for desktop devices.
Marketing Automation Strategies
Another effective strategy for mobile marketing is to implement a marketing automation strategy. With marketing automation, you can create rules that automatically send your customers tailored emails.
You can also generate specific reports that can help you measure the progress of your marketing efforts, as well as track the ROI (return on investment) of your marketing budget. Another idea is to use artificial intelligence marketing. With artificial intelligence marketing, you can create chatbots to communicate with your customers.
Using artificial intelligence marketing, as opposed to human-driven marketing, allows you to communicate with your customers at all hours of the day, even when most of your employees are sleeping.
Host an Event for Marketing Purposes
Another great strategy for mobile marketing is to host an event for your customers. Whether the event is a conference, an exhibition, or a seminar, hosting an event allows you to interact with your customers in real-time, as well as communicate your brand message. However, you must be careful to ensure that your event is optimized for mobile devices.
You can use Wi-Fi to facilitate internet connections, and make sure to have your brand message present throughout the entire event. Another idea is to publish an e-book, article, or other piece of content that is relevant to your business, and distribute it through various mobile channels.
This way, you can communicate your brand message, as well as educate your customers and potential customers on the services and products you have to offer.
Run Native Advertising Campaigns
Another great strategy for mobile marketing is to run native advertising campaigns. With native advertising, you can work with your fellow businesses to advertise your products and services directly through their site.
For example, if you’re a t-shirt company, you can work with a business that sells t-shirts to advertise your products on their site. This way, you can reach a wider audience, and advertise your products and services in a subtle, yet effective, way. Another idea is to create an online community where your customers can interact with each other, as well as with you, the business owner.
For example, you can create a forum, where your customers can discuss various topics relating to your industry, and freely converse with each other. This way, you can interact with your customers directly, while also monitoring the progress of your online community.
Develop a Responsive Ad Campaign
Another great strategy for mobile marketing is to develop a responsive ad campaign. With this strategy, you can create a specific ad campaign that is designed to be displayed on all devices, no matter the size of the screen.
By developing a responsive ad campaign, you can ensure that your ads appear on all devices, including smartphones and tablets. This is important, as many people use their mobile devices to search for products and services, and can therefore be exposed to your ads. Another idea is to utilize the power of influencers.
With the growth of social media, many people now follow their favourite social media stars and personalities. If you’re able to partner with an influencer, you can reach a wider audience, and advertise your products and services to their followers.
Give Consumers a Reason to Visit Your Business
Another great strategy for mobile marketing is to offer your customers a reason to visit your business. Whether you offer free shipping, free product samples, or a discount, you can entice customers to visit your business. This way, you can increase the frequency at which your customers visit your business, as well as their overall spending.
What are different strategies of mobile marketing?
Depending on the type of business you have and the goals you’re trying to achieve, the specific types of mobile marketing strategies you decide to use will vary. Here are five of the most common strategies:
- App marketing – App marketing is used to drive downloads and engagement for your mobile app. It can be used by both B2B and B2C businesses to improve communication and establish relationships with their customers. App marketing is still marketing, though, as it’s used to build brand awareness, create leads, and drive product sales.
- In-app advertising – In this strategy, you advertise your products and services within your app. This is a great strategy to use if you have an app with a large user base, as it can help you generate more leads at a lower cost per acquisition.
- Mobile landing pages – A mobile landing page is a single-page website that’s designed to capture leads. This strategy is most effective when you’re trying to generate leads for your business or product, though it can be useful for all marketing strategies. With a mobile landing page, you want to make sure that the page is short and sweet, as it’s less likely to be read on mobile devices.
- SMS marketing – This type of marketing strategy is used to send information to your customers via text messages. It can be used to promote your product or service, drive sales, build brand awareness, collect leads, and more. It’s important to note that SMS marketing is regulated in most countries, so make sure you know the laws in your country before implementing a strategy.
- Social media marketing – This type of marketing strategy is used to drive engagement on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Social media marketing can be used to drive brand awareness, generate leads, and increase sales.
What are the 4 types of marketing strategies?
- Sales enablement – This strategy is used to enable your sales team and provide them with the tools they need to succeed. It can be used to host webinars, provide sales teams with access to your product catalog and other relevant information, and more.
- Lead generation – Lead generation is used to attract and cultivate leads for your business. You can use this strategy to host webinars, create content (such as e-books, white papers, and blog posts), and give away freebies (such as e-books, guides, and reports).
- Customer retention – This strategy is used to maintain a positive relationship with your customers and increase customer retention. You can use this strategy to create and host webinars, offer sales webinars, and more.
- Brand awareness – This strategy is used to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to your website. You can use this strategy to create and publish blog posts (and add links to your website in each post), publish e-books and whitepapers, publish case studies, and more.
What are some mobile marketing best practices?
- Measure your success – It’s important to track the results of each marketing strategy you use so you can make necessary changes and determine what strategies work best for your business.
- Be consistent – If you want to be successful, you need to be consistent. You should publish new content at set times each week, and host webinars and send out SMS text messages at set times each month. This will help you establish yourself as a trusted resource in your industry.
- Be original – One of the best ways to stand out from the competition is to be original and creative. While it’s important to be consistent, you also want to make sure that you don’t get stale. This can result in readers tuning out, which is never good.
What are examples of mobile marketing?
- You can offer content upgrades – Content upgrades are bonus materials that are offered to readers in exchange for their email addresses. You can use this strategy to grow your email list and nurture leads.
- You can host webinars – Webinars are programs that are streamed live online and often feature a host and guest speakers. They can be used to drive sales, provide sales and marketing training, and more.
- You can create e-books or whitepapers – E-books and whitepapers are written guides that are designed to educate readers on a particular topic. They are great for lead generation and customer retention.
- You can publish case studies – Case studies are in-depth analysis of your company’s work, and they’re often published by the marketing team at agencies. They’re designed to highlight the benefits of working with your team/agency, and they’re also great for lead generation.
How do I start mobile marketing?
First, you need to find out what your customers want. While you obviously want to focus on your products and services, you also want to make sure you’re providing what your current and potential customers want. You can do this by asking them questions on social media, hosting polls and surveys, and reading reviews.
Once you’ve identified what your customers want, you can create content that meets their needs and offers solutions to their problems. This can take the form of blog posts, e-books, whitepapers, or case studies. Once you’ve created the content, you can publish it on your website and distribute it on social media.
Next, you want to optimize your website for mobile devices. This means having an app-friendly website design and ensuring that your content is easily accessible and readable on mobile devices. It also means using mobile-friendly marketing strategies, such as app marketing and SMS marketing.
After you’ve optimized your website for mobile devices, you can create a mobile-friendly landing page. This is a single-page website that’s designed to capture leads from mobile devices. You can then use your lead generation strategy to nurture these leads and convert them into customers.
What is mobile marketing in business?
Mobile marketing in business is the use of mobile devices for marketing purposes. With the rise of smartphones and mobile apps, the potential for marketing is greater than ever before. With the right know-how, almost every type of marketing can be converted into a mobile app, website, or email.
Mobile marketing is also called m-commerce, SMS marketing, and others. It’s important to note that while the marketing is done on a mobile device, the business may not necessarily be conducted on a phone. Mobile marketing might take place on another device, such as a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer.
Why you need a mobile marketing strategy?
Mobile marketing is a rapidly growing industry, and new technologies are emerging all the time. It’s important to stay on top of trends in order to stay relevant and successful. If you don’t have a mobile marketing strategy in place, it’s impossible to know how to best approach this growing industry.
With a strategy in place, you’ll know which technologies are trending, how to best integrate them into your marketing efforts, and how to stay ahead of the competition. Mobile marketing is a great way to reach potential customers and provide them with useful information, such as how-to guides, product and service information, or information about your brand.
However, if you don’t have a strategy in place, you may end up spamming your audience with irrelevant information that doesn’t provide any value to them. A strategy will ensure that you’re providing information that your customers want to see.