There are numerous video-sharing websites out there. However, none of them offer the same user experience as YouTube. The platform has over a billion users and continues to expand at an impressive rate.
It’s no surprise why so many people flock to YouTube every day. If you have a video that you would like to upload to YouTube, you will need to follow a few simple steps to get it done.
Thankfully, uploading your videos is easy and fast once you know how. In this article, we’ll go over some quick and easy tips on how you can upload your own videos to YouTube quickly and conveniently.
In this digital age, it’s almost impossible to not see videos online. From social media, to news sites and even e-commerce stores – video is everywhere. And with more and more users turning to the internet to watch interesting content, viewing video content has become a major source of traffic for websites all over the world.
That is why it makes sense that you upload your video content to YouTube! That being said, uploading videos to YouTube isn’t easy. There are many considerations that you need to take when uploading videos, as well as different types of videos you can upload. Let’s get started with our How To Upload A Video To YouTube – A Beginner’s Guide!
What is YouTube?
YouTube was launched in the year 2005 by the search giant, Google. It was initially intended as a site for users to upload and view videos online. Since its inception, the video-sharing platform has seen itself evolve into one of the most popular websites on the internet, with more than 1 billion monthly active users as of 2019 – a feat that is hard to achieve for any website.
The site has also become home to many content creators, who are making a living by creating and uploading their content on the site. As of 2019, there are over 50 million channels on YouTube that fall under different genres – gaming, entertainment, sports, music, news, educational content and much more! With all the options that YouTube has brought to us, the platform is definitely one of the best places to upload your video content.
In fact, we would go as far as saying that it’s the best place for you to upload your video content! But, before you rush off to that upload button, there are a few things that you need to know about uploading videos. And, that’s what we are covering in this article.
The benefits of uploading a video to YouTube
- Building your brand – When you upload video content on YouTube, you are setting yourself up for a long-term asset. Yes, it might take some time for you to see a return on your investment – but only if you don’t put in the effort to grow your channel! If you upload video content that your target audience finds valuable, they will most likely share it with their peers. This will, in turn, help you grow your brand and ultimately become a household name.
- Greater audience reach – Video content has the potential to go viral. And by viral we mean, the potential to be seen by millions of people across the globe. And when people like your content, they share it with their peers. This will help you grow your audience and get your content in front of a larger audience – something that isn’t possible with text-based content.
- Build relationships – YouTube is home to millions of creators. And just like you, they are trying to grow their brands and get their names out there! When you upload video content on YouTube, you open yourself up to a world of new relationships. You have an opportunity to get to know other content creators by interacting with them, and they will also get to know you!
- Increase traffic to your website – If you are uploading video content on YouTube, you have the ability to drive traffic to your site. This will ultimately help you increase your sales! But, this can only happen if you do your research and know how to optimize your video content for better results!
- Brand recognition – One of the best things about video content is the fact that it gets easier to recognize your brand over time. This is thanks to the logo on the video, as well as the name of your channel. When your video content gets recognized, you can expect your brand to increase in value!
- Improved ROI – The best part about uploading video content on YouTube is the fact that you can easily track your ROI. You can use the various YouTube tracking tools to keep track of your progress and see when you need to make improvements.
- Better optimization – When you upload video content on YouTube, you have the ability to optimize it for better results. You can use tags, subtitles, and descriptions to make your content easier to find. This will help you increase your views significantly!
Things to consider before uploading a video on YouTube
Is your content relevant to your niche?
Before you upload video content on YouTube, you need to ask yourself if it’s relevant to your niche. If it’s not, then you will have a hard time getting your content seen. Uploading irrelevant content will only hurt your channel, and you will see negative results from your hard work.
Is your video quality good?
The quality of your video content is one of the things that will help you get more views. The best thing about video content is that anyone can watch it – regardless of their geographical location or language! However, this will only happen if your video has good quality. You need to keep in mind that people are used to watching HD content – and anything below will make them click away from your video.
Is your video captivating?
You need to make sure that your video content is something that people want to watch. If you make it boring, you can expect it to have a very low view rate. This means that you need to make sure that your video is engaging and interesting.
Are you uploading content consistently?
Consistency is key when it comes to growing a channel on YouTube. If you upload content once every month, you won’t see any significant growth in your channel. That’s why it’s important that you upload content on a consistent basis.
Does your content follow YouTube’s best practices?
YouTube has created a set of best practices that all content creators need to follow whenever uploading video content on their platform. If your content doesn’t follow these guidelines, there is a chance that it might get removed by YouTube!
Types of Videos to Upload on YouTube
- Educational Videos – Educational videos are the ones that teach people how to do something or solve a problem. They make up a huge chunk of the video content that is uploaded on YouTube. This is because most people are looking to learn new things, and YouTube is a great place to do that!
- Make Money Videos – Make money videos are the ones that help you make money. This can be anything from promoting an affiliate product, to showing people how to do something and get paid for it – like repairing things!
- Branding / Company Videos – Branding or company videos are the ones that help you build your brand. They are usually between 1 to 3 minutes long and help you promote your product and services.
- Entertainment Videos – Entertainment videos are the ones that help you get more views on your channel. This can be anything from comedy skits, to musical performances, and even vlogging!
- Interviews – Interviews are the ones where you interview someone who has done something significant in their lives. This can be anyone from a famous person, to someone who has done something good for the society.
- Live Videos – Live videos are the ones where you are doing something, and people can see it happen in real time. This can be anything from you playing a video game, to you doing a Q&A session!
How to upload a video on Youtube?
Before you begin uploading your video content on YouTube, you need to make sure that you have created a channel for yourself. Creating a channel and uploading your video content to it is an important step to take when uploading video content on YouTube.
This is because it will help you track your progress and see what works best for your content. Once you’ve created your channel, you need to go to the upload page on YouTube. Here, you will be able to select the type of content that you want to upload.
Once you’ve selected a video, you can click the “Upload” button to begin uploading your video content on YouTube!
Here are the steps you need to follow to upload youtube video:
- First off, you will need to open the youtube app
- Next, locate and click Create (+)
- Now, click upload video
- Afterward, you will need to choose the file you want to upload and click Next
Bear in mind that in the event where your video is 60 seconds or less and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, it will be uploaded as a Short.
Another thing that is worthy of note here is that (optional) if your video is longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, you can tap “Edit into a Short” to trim your video and upload it as a Short.
Should you upload your video to YouTube?
Before you upload your video content to YouTube, you first need to ask yourself if it’s relevant to your niche. If it’s not, then you need to ask yourself if you are making a mistake by uploading it on YouTube. When you upload video content on YouTube, you are creating a long-term asset.
This means that you need to make sure that it’s something that you won’t regret in the future – like uploading a video that isn’t relevant to you.