Steps to Stop Facebook from Translating Everything
- Click or tap the Facebook menu.
- Go to Settings & Privacy.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Translation for Posts.
- Select Languages you don’t want to be offered translations for.
- Enter the languages you don’t want to receive translations for and save the settings.
- Go to Languages you don’t want automatically translated.
- Select the respective language(s) and apply the changes
True to its claim, Facebook is a global social network with billions of users. However, the computerized translations are not very precise. If you already speak that language, they might actually irritate you. Because of this, it makes sense to disable the Facebook translator tool.
Don’t add that language to the list of languages you don’t want to be provided translations for and languages you don’t want to be automatically translated if you want Facebook to translate a post or comment from a language you don’t understand.
You can also just click the See Translation button, which is next to posts or comments.
Facebook’s translation choices are disabled if the See Translation button is absent for that language. Whenever you want, you may activate them in Settings Translations for posts.