47 / 100
Minutes might feel like hours while you’re waiting for an event. Facebook can be used to pass the time before the big day and to keep track of the days and hours till your event. In addition, countdown clocks can help keep other people aware of an event – if you’re trying to get your friends excited about a party or trip, a countdown clock is an answer. While Facebook doesn’t have a native countdown clock for you to install, plenty of third-party developers have created countdown apps that integrate into your profile.
Not Long Now
- Sign in to your Facebook account and click “App Center” from the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the “Not Long Now (Countdown Timer)” app (see Resources).
- Click “Go to App.” Enter the name of your event and select the date and time from the drop-down menus.
- Click “Create,” then click “Share.” Press “Share” again to publish your Countdown clock to your Wall.
Countdown Generator for Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook profile. Navigate to “Countdown Generator for Facebook.”
- Set your event date and time from the drop-down menus and write the name of your event under “Text.” You can also adjust your font and the background theme of the clock.
- Press “Start.” Scroll down and copy the HTML code generated for your countdown clock. Click “Share it on Facebook.”
- Paste your HTML code in the box and click “Preview/Share.”
- Click “Share it Now,” then click the “Share” Facebook icon. Write any messages you want to be published with your post and click “Share Link.”
- Navigate to the “My Countdowns” app (see Resources).
- Click “Go to App.”
- Click “+ add.” Fill in the blanks to set a title, date, and time, choosing the month from the drop-down menu. You can add a URL, picture, and description as well.
- Click “Save Event.” Click “Post to Wall” and “Share” to share your countdown clock.
You can mark an event as repeating in the My Countdown App so that after it happens, a fresh countdown will begin for the same event the following year.