People who wish to hook up now frequently use online dating services. And Tinder is a well-liked option for those searching for casual encounters or committed relationships.
Tinder makes it seem simple to locate a match based on your interests. Simply swipe right to indicate “yes” and left to indicate “no.”
But perhaps you’ve already determined that this isn’t the app for you. Perhaps you don’t get many Tinder dates. Or perhaps you’ve already met your soul mate and no longer require Tinder.
If you value your privacy more than others, you might be prepared to end your relationship with the app due to security weaknesses that made it possible for users to hijack accounts and access any photo in the database.
If you decide it’s time to cancel your Tinder account, we’ve got the whole instructions here.
How to delete your Tinder account
Here’s what you need to do to leave Tinder in the past.
To permanently delete your Tinder account from the app:
- Open the Tinder app.
- Click the profile icon at the top left of your screen.
- Tap the “Settings” icon in the middle of the screen.
- Select “Delete Account” at the end of the “Settings” menu. Here you can choose whether you want to deactivate your account or permanently delete it. Choose Delete my account.
- Give your reason for leaving.
- Confirm that you want to delete your account.
You can also delete your Tinder account through the browser website.
- Open the Tinder homepage on your browser of choice.
- Log in and click on My Profile.
- Go to your account settings.
- Select “Delete Account.”
Your profile will remain online after you deactivate the Tinder app. However, your visibility in users’ searches will decrease the less you use the app. Your profile will be hidden, per the company, if your account has been inactive for more than seven days.