Telegram was launched back in 2013 and there are millions of people who choose the messaging service over WhatsApp. But Telegram has had its issues over the years, especially with regards to its famed privacy service. When the news came out that Telegram does not use end-to-end encryption by default, people had second thoughts over using the app. So if you are looking for ways to delete your Telegram account on Android, iOS, or PC, we have got you covered. Just follow these easy steps on how to delete the Telegram account on Android, iOS, and PC permanently.
Telegram account delete
It’s worth noting that there are several ways to remove your Telegram account. The app is compatible with both Android and iPhone devices. Alternatively, you can go to the Telegram website and remove your Telegram account by following the full instructions.
How to delete Telegram account permanently on Android
Telegram does not provide a straightforward option to remove a Telegram account for mobile users. You must instead go through the deactivation procedure. This is accomplished using the Telegram Android app’s self-destruct feature. You can set a time limit for when your Telegram account will be disabled. All of your contacts and communications will be lost forever after this.
Here are the steps to deactivate Telegram account on Android:
- Open Telegram on Android and click on Settings
- Over there, select Privacy and Security tab
- Scroll down to If Away for section to automatically delete account
- Select the idle time frame after which your Telegram account will be disabled forever. You can choose from 1, 3, 6 and 12 months. By default Telegram is set this to 6 months.
If you do not utilize your Telegram account for the specified time period, Telegram will erase your Android account permanently.
How to delete Telegram account permanently on iPhone
The steps for permanently deleting a Telegram account on an iPhone are nearly identical to those for an Android phone. Start by deactivating your account. This can be accomplished by using
- Open Telegram on iPhone and go to Settings
- Click on Privacy and Security
- Scroll over to If Away for option
- Click on 6 months to get more options, up to 12 months
If your Telegram account is inactive for one, three, six, or twelve months, it will be terminated, along with all messages and contacts.
How to delete Telegram account using web browser
It takes a few months to delete a Telegram account, and some people may not want to wait that long. Telegram provides a simple solution for them that works with any web browser. To remove your Telegram account immediately, follow these instructions.
- Head over to the Telegram Deactivation page on any web browser. This can be done using both PC or mobile.
- Type the phone number using which your Telegram account was created. Add the country code before putting your mobile number and then click on Next.
- Now, you will get an alphanumeric code on the Telegram mobile app.
- Put the alphanumeric code to sign in to your Telegram account. Do not wait for any SMS code to move ahead.
- From the Telegram Core section, click on Delete Account option
- Telegram wants to know the reason behind you deleting the account. Answering this query is optional. After that click on Delete My Account
- Telegram will ask you once again if you surely want to delete Telegram account. If you still want to go ahead, click, Yes, delete my account to end your association with Telegram.
If you want to re-sign up for Telegram, do so now. You’ll have to start from scratch.