How to Delete a Netflix Profile: Desktop, Mobile or TV (2022)
Each Netflix account can have a maximum of five profiles. Users can share their accounts with friends and family because they have distinct profiles. Other people create many profiles in order to get category suggestions for each one. This means you can have a profile dedicated solely to action movies, a horror movie profile, a children’s profile, and a guest profile.
Each profile can have unique settings, a profile picture, and a unique name. You can also set PIN locks and maturity levels for separate profiles on Netflix. One of the five profiles will be the primary profile, which will not be deleted unless your Netflix account is canceled.
If you’re wondering if removing your Netflix profile is the same as canceling your Netflix account, the answer is yes. No, when you delete a Netflix profile, you’ll lose all of the profile’s settings, preferences, and content recommendations. This has no bearing on the account’s settings in any manner. This means that the owners of the other profiles will be able to continue using their profiles as usual.
It’s worth noting that, even if you deactivate your entire account, Netflix will keep your account data for up to 10 months and can be recovered at any moment during that time. When it comes to Netflix profiles, though, there is no going back once you erase them. In this article, we’ll show you how to remove your Netflix profile on various platforms. Let’s get this party started!
How To Delete a Netflix Profile From Any Browser
Of course, you first need to be signed in to an account for you to be able to delete a profile.
- Head over to Netflix.com and sign in.
- Select the Profile Icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click the Pencil Icon labeled Manage Profiles.
- Select the Profile you want to delete.
- Click Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted with a warning that deleting the profile will delete all the Watch History and profile preferences.
- Click Delete Profile to finish the operation.
Deleting Netflix Profiles From Mobile Devices; Android and IOS
You can also erase a profile via the Netflix app if you have it installed on your iOS or Android device. All you have to do now is make sure you aren’t using the profile you want to erase, or the app will give you an error notice.
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device.
- Click the Profile Icon at the top right corner.
- Select Manage Profile.
- Tap on the Profile you need to delete
- Again, tap Delete Profile at the bottom of the screen
How To Delete a Netflix Profile From Smart TVs and Other Devices
Netflix is also widely used on other devices such as smart TVs and TV sticks such as Amazon’s Fire TV. Others rely on set-top boxes, such as the Xiaomi Mi Box S. The technique for deactivating a Netflix profile on any of these is generally the same.
- Open the Netflix app on your device
- go to the Menu items on the left
- Click on the top left where it says Switch profiles
- Select the Edit icon below the profile you want to erase
- Click Delete Profile at the bottom of the display
When it comes to erasing Netflix profiles on any device, that’s pretty much it.