How to Delete Your Bumble Account
One sector profiting from pandemic life is the dating app industry, with companies like Hinge and Tinder witnessing increased usage.
However, as more people download these apps, there will inevitably be a greater number of people who need to deactivate them — either because they’ve found a relationship or because they’ve grown tired of swiping. Your free or premium Bumble account can be quickly deleted if you decide to do so.
What you should know before deleting your Bumble app
It’s simple to delete a Bumble account, but there are a few things to remember.
You must first cancel your premium Bumble subscription if you have one or if you don’t want one. Otherwise, even though you don’t have an account, you’ll continue to get charged.
If for some reason you are unable to access the app, don’t panic; your billing information and profile are still valid, and you may get in touch with Bumble’s customer service team for assistance with canceling your account.
You can disable Date Mode if you only want to delete the romantic portion of your Bumble profile rather than the entire thing. You will be able to continue using Bumble BFFs and Bumble Bizz, the app’s friendship and business-based modes, as a result. However, you should be aware that if you are off Date Mode, all of your discussions and matches will be permanently erased.
Here’s how to delete either your entire Bumble account or just Date Mode.
How to delete your entire Bumble account
- Open the Bumble app.
- Tap the profile icon on the bottom-left corner of the home screen.
- Click on the cogwheel in the top corner.
- Swipe all the way to the bottom and tap “Delete Account.”
- The Bumble app will prompt you to confirm that you want to delete your account. Remember that once it’s deleted, it can’t be recovered. Type the word “delete” and press Confirm.
How to disable Date Mode from Bumble
- Open the Bumble app and tap the profile icon in the bottom-left corner of the home screen.
- Tap on the cogwheel in the top corner.
- Tap the yellow slider to the right of Date Mode.
- When the toggle goes grey, Date Mode has been disabled for your profile. You can turn it back on through this menu anytime, but you won’t recover your matches or conversations.