Facebook is a popular venue for people to commemorate important life events. Whatever the event, it’s frequently the spot to let your friends and family know what’s happening in your life, whether it be a new job, a new baby, or a new home.
Sadly, individuals who leave comments on your postings are opting in for days of notifications because everyone you know also leaves comments. In fact, it serves more as a deterrent to commenting.
However, there are methods for leaving a comment without giving in to the barrage of notifications. You could, for instance, set rules for when you want to receive alerts and when you don’t by going to the Notifications tab in your account’s settings.
However, you can also remove a single notification that has accumulated on your Notifications tab if you no longer want to see it there. On a desktop computer or a mobile device, follow these steps to log out of your Facebook account:
How to delete notifications on Facebook on desktop
Almost all notifications can be deleted, except for automated ones like new login alerts. For all of the other ones, here’s how to get it done:
1. Go to your Facebook account.
2. In the upper right corner, click the notifications symbol
3. Find the notification you want to delete and tap the three dots in the right corner of that notification.
4. Select “Remove this notification.”
Depending on the type of notification, you might see additional alternatives. You might be able to choose, for instance, to only receive notifications from friends while using public groups.
How to delete notifications on Facebook on mobile
The process is generally the same as it is on the desktop version, with only a couple of small differences:
1. Open your Facebook app.
2. Toggle over to your notifications, located on the right side of the top toolbar (it looks like a bell).
3. Next to the notification you want to delete, tap the three dots.
4. Tap “Remove this notification.”