Are you curious about your audience’s opinions about a certain topic? Maybe you want to find out which of your new blog post titles resonates best with your followers. Whatever the reason, creating a poll on your Facebook page is an effective way to get answers from your audience.
Doing so is very straightforward and takes only a few minutes. First and foremost, you need to have a Facebook page for your business or brand in order to create a poll.
If you don’t have one yet, read this article on how to create a Facebook page first and come back here when you’re ready! You can also create polls on other pages like groups, individual profiles, and Instagram (although this article focuses solely on Facebook). Read on to learn how…
Have you ever wanted to know what your friends think about a certain topic or issue? Or perhaps you wanted to learn their insider knowledge on something without having to ask them directly.
Social media gives us the perfect opportunity to do so by creating polls on Facebook that can be seen by anyone, and best of all, it’s super easy to set up. Creating a poll on Facebook is easier than you might think because it’s as simple as uploading a photo with some text and adding the poll options.
Once you finish creating your poll, all you have to do is copy and paste the link into your post, add a few details like what result you want, when it expires etc., and finally share it with your friends.
In this article, we will show you step by step how to create a poll on Facebook so that the next time you want to find out what people think about something, you’ll know exactly where to go for answers!
What is a Facebook poll?
A Facebook poll is a simple way to ask your friends questions about something in a quick and easy way. It is usually a quick 1-question poll that asks your audience about a certain topic. For example, you can create a poll that asks your friends ‘Which holiday do you prefer?’ or ‘What type of pizza do you like the most?’
These polls can be found in your newsfeed and can be very informative and fun to read. They’re also very easy to make and can be used for many things including marketing, getting customer feedback, or just for fun!
Before you begin creating your poll, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to ask, or you might end up with an indecisive question that results in a lot of unexplained answers. You want to make sure your poll questions are clear, easy to understand, and that they are relevant to the topic you’re polling on.
For example, if you’re polling on the best pizza topping, you want your poll to reflect the question accordingly, instead of asking “What’s your favorite topping?”.
What you’ll need to create a poll on Facebook
- A smartphone or laptop – For starters, you need to have access to a smartphone, laptop, or computer with a web browser to create your poll on Facebook. As Facebook is a social media website, it’s only available on your desktop or smartphones.
- Access to Facebook – Of course, you also need a Facebook account so that you can publish your poll on the platform, and have access to the features needed to start your poll. If you don’t have a Facebook account yet, you can create one for free here .
- An idea! – The most important thing you’ll need to create a poll on Facebook is an idea. This idea can be anything from asking your friends their favorite holiday to finding out who would be on their ideal team. You want to make sure that your poll is relevant, easy to understand, and that it’s on topic with where you’d like to publish it.
How to create a Facebook poll
The processes involved on how to create facebook poll is pretty simple and easy. Interestingly, here are the steps you need to follow to figure out how to create a facebook poll or how to create a poll on facebook fast:
1. How to create a poll in facebook group
If you want to create a facebook group poll, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Facebook login your account
- Next, locate at the left column of your facebook newsfeed and you will see groups. Click on it and thereafter, locate and click on the Facebook group you want to create the poll
- Now. go to the write something section and check below the option and you should see Poll. You can also click on the write something option in the event where you can’t find poll below the section. Once the option to write something popup, click on the three-dots icon at the bottom right of the page and options will open. Locate and click poll.
- Afterward, enter your text and add the options you want. You can also add images if you wish to.
- Once you are done, click Post and your poll will be live.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook poll. It is important to bear in mind here that as a facebook user, you can edit the text of a facebook poll until people start voting.
Interestingly, to edit a Facebook poll you created before people have started voting, click on the three-dots icon and then click Edit post. Facebook Poll creators and Facebook group admins can add or delete poll options anytime. Only Facebook group members and admins can vote on polls.
2. How To Create a Facebook Poll Ad from Ads Manager
Just like how to create a facebook group poll, you can also create a facebook poll ad via ads manager. Here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- First off, you will need to visit Ads Manager.
- Next, locate and click + Create in the top left.
- Once you are done with the above steps, you will need to choose an objective that supports poll ads. It is important to note here that supported objectives include Brand awareness, Reach, Traffic, App installs and Conversions. Afterward, locate and click Continue.
- Now, you will need to add your campaign details, A/B test and Meta Advantage campaign budget information if needed and then click Next.
- To proceed, you will need to choose your budget, audience, placements and optimization. Bear in mind that your poll only appears on mobile Facebook Feed and Instagram Stories. In the even where you choose Advantage+ Placements or manually add additional placements, your video ad shows on those placements without the attached poll. Once you are done, locate and click Next.
- In the Identity section, you will need to select your Facebook Page and attach your Instagram account, if applicable.
- In the Ad Setup section, you will need to select Single Image or Video. You won’t be able to add a poll to an ad that uses the carousel format.
- In the Ad Creative section, click add media to choose the video that you want to use and click Next.
- In the Select media crop for placements section choose original than done.
- After your video loads, select edit video from the edit media Drop-down, and select Poll from Creative tools.
- To create your poll:
- In the Poll Settings section, you will need to add a poll question and 2 answer choices. There’s a limit of 80 characters for the question and 24 characters for each answer option.
- In the Facebook Feed Preferences section, you will need to add a URL for each choice if you want to link poll choices to a specific website when your ad runs in Facebook Feed. When someone chooses an answer, the website automatically loads under your poll. Note that if you add a website URL for 1 choice, you will have to add a website for both choices. Bear in mind that the website URL may be the same for both choices.
- Once you are finished creating your poll, click Save.
- You will need to add the headline, description, call to action button and other text to include in your video ad.
- You will need to add information in the Tracking section, if applicable.
- Lastly, once you are done, locate and click Publish to run your poll ad.
Those are the steps you will need to follow to create a Facebook Poll Ad from Ads Manager.
Once you are done create your poll, you can figure out how your ad will appear in the Ad Preview section of Ads Manager. Bear in mind that your Facebook poll may look different (including the line break of your poll responses) for viewers based on device type.
Tips for creating effective polls on Facebook
- Make sure your poll is relevant . Before you start creating your poll, make sure you’re not asking a question that doesn’t make sense. You want to make sure your poll is relevant and on topic, so that your audience responds to it correctly.
- Keep it short and sweet . When creating your poll, don’t start writing a post that’s too long because it will get boring and unnecessary. Instead, keep it short and sweet, and to the point so that your audience can quickly respond to it.
- Ask open-ended questions . You want to ask open-ended questions instead of closed-ended ones because they’ll get longer, more detailed answers. Closed-ended questions, like “yes or no” or “which option”, are short, quick answers that aren’t as detailed or informative as open-ended questions.
When and Where to Publish Your Poll
As soon as you finish creating your poll, you can now publish it on Facebook, however, there are a few things you want to be mindful of before doing so. You want to make sure that you’re publishing your poll at an ideal time.
This doesn’t mean publishing it at 3am, but it means choosing a time where the majority of your friends are online and can see your poll. For example, if you’re publishing your poll on a Friday afternoon, your audience will be mostly made up of people who are out of school and at work. Another important thing to keep in mind before publishing your poll is where you’re publishing it on Facebook.
For example, if you’re asking your friends about their ideal team, you might want to publish it on your wall posts. However, if you’re polling about a topic that’s more general like their favorite holiday or pizza topping, you might want to publish your poll on your feed posts.
See What People Think!
Once you’ve published your poll, all you have to do is sit back, relax, and watch your friends respond to it! Depending on how many friends you have and how popular your poll is, you should start seeing responses coming in within a few hours, or even sooner.
If you want your poll to be seen by as many people as possible, you might want to schedule it so that it’s published at a time when people are most likely to see it.
To do so, click on “edit” when publishing your poll, and then select the “schedule” option to pick a time and date for your poll to be published. You now know everything you need to know about creating a Facebook poll! With these tips, you’ll be able to create an effective poll that will let you know what your friends think about any topic!
Why is polling so important?
Polls are a great way to get feedback from your audience and to learn what they think about your products and services. With polls, you’re not only getting feedback on what they think, but you’re also discovering what they want, and what they want more of.
Polls can also be great ways to create buzz around a new product or service you’re launching. You can use polls to get feedback on your product or service before launching it so that you know what people think and if they like it.
Polls also help to create a positive brand image and company image, and they can help you get more followers and likes on your page. With these benefits, it’s easy to see why polling is so important for your business!
Decide What You Want to Learn
As mentioned before, it’s important to decide what you want to learn from your poll before actually creating it. This will help you select the best topic for your poll to ensure that you get the most accurate and relevant results.
There are many different types of polls you can create, but it’s important to pick the right one for your audience and post. For example, if you’re polling about a new product, you might want to poll your audience about their favourite colour.
This way, you’re not asking them to choose between two or three different options, but you’re giving them an option to choose whatever colour they like.
In conclusion, to create a poll on facebook, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Start by creating a new post or status – To start creating your poll, you’ll first want to open the “create” tab and click on “post” or “status”. You’ll then want to scroll down, find the Polls option, and click on it.
- Add the poll question and options – Once you click on the poll feature, you’ll now have access to a blank poll, where you can type in your question and add your poll options. You can also add a time limit for your poll and a privacy setting.
- Save your poll – Once you’ve added all the details of your poll, all you have to do is click “save” and finish your post. You can now share your poll with your friends and see what they think!