You have a wide range of options on Facebook to personalize your profile. There are so many, in fact, that it can often feel daunting, especially if you’re just getting started.
Your relationship status should be one of the updates you make right away, regardless of how long you’ve had your profile.
Here’s how to use the Facebook website on your Mac or PC to access your profile and make that update.
How to change your relationship status on Facebook
1. Go to facebook.com on your Mac or PC and log into your account, if needed. Once there, click your name in the top toolbar to get to your profile.
2. Click the “About” button at the top of your profile.
3. Once you’ve reached your About page, which contains most of your personal information, click “Family and Relationships” in the left sidebar.
4. If you’ve never set your relationship status on Facebook before, click the empty box labeled “Add your relationship status.” If you’ve already set your status in the past, hover your mouse over your current status and click the word “Edit” when it appears on the right.
5. A box labeled “Relationship Status” will appear. Click the box to open a dropdown menu, where you can choose from a number of different relationship types. Once you’ve selected one, click “Save Changes.”