Although that can vary over time, your YouTube channel name should accurately describe what your channel is all about. It could be time for a refresh if it no longer accurately describes what you do. Your channel name must be changed as a result.
Here’s how to do it and what it means for your Google account and channel.
How to change the YouTube channel name on the desktop
1. Go to the YouTube website and log in to your account, if needed.
2. Click your profile icon, in the top-right corner of the screen, and select Your Channel.
3. Select the blue Customize Channel button.
4. Select the Basic Info tab.
5. Click the Edit icon, which looks like a pencil, next to your current channel name.
6. Add your desired channel name in the text box.
7. Click the blue Publish button, located toward the top-right corner of the screen, to change your channel name.
How to change the YouTube channel name on mobile
The process is the same on an Android or iPhone.
1. Open the YouTube app and log in to your account, if needed.
2. Tap your profile picture, located in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select Your Channel.
4. Tap Edit Channel.
5. Select the Edit icon, which looks like a pencil, next to your name.
6. Add your desired channel name in the text box and tap the checkmark in the top-right corner, or OK, depending on your phone.
Can you change your YouTube name without changing your Google name?
Yes. Your Google name and your channel name are distinct. Having said that, information about your YouTube channel name will be saved in your Google account. And your Google account is considered your primary account, while your YouTube name acts as a public persona.