How to Block a Number that Recently Called You:
- Go to the Home screen and tap the Phone icon. From here you can access the recent list of phone numbers who have called your device or those you’ve called.
- Click on Recents then All. This list will be sorted with the most recent calls at the top.
- Tap the “i” icon to the right of the number you want to block. From here you can find more information about a particular number, as well as options on what to do with it.
- Scroll down and tap Block this Caller. Once you tap this, a pop-up screen will appear with the following note:
- You will not receive phone calls, messages, or FaceTime from people on the block list.
- Tap Block Contact. If you changed your mind though, you can tap Cancel instead. You can later unblock a number by following the same steps, but choosing Unblock this Caller instead of Block this Caller.
How to Block a Number in Your Contacts List:
- Go to your Home screen and then to Contacts. If you don’t have Contacts on your Home screen (or you can’t find them, for some reason), you can also find Contacts via your Phone app. You’ll see Contacts at the bottom menu of the screen next to Recent.
- Tap the contact or number you want to block.
- Then tap Block this Caller. A pop-up screen will ask you to confirm the action.
- Tap Block Contact and the number will be added to the Blocked list. If you changed your mind or you tapped the wrong number, click Cancel.
How to Block Spam Calls via 3rd-Party Apps:
- Download a robocall blocker app from the App Store.
- Go to Settings > Phone.
- Select Call Blocking & Identification.
- Enable the app by tapping the scroll bar next to its name. You will know the app is enabled when the button to the right of its name is green.
These external applications will proactively prevent spam phone numbers. You can locate and unblock any numbers that the app has blocked if you want to.
How to Block a Contact Via FaceTime:
- Go to Settings > FaceTime. In the next screen, make sure to activate FaceTime and wait for a few seconds for the rest of the menu to load up.
- Then tap Blocked. Here you will see all the Blocked numbers that will not be able to FaceTime with you.
- Next, tap Add New. From here you will be redirected to your Contacts list.
- Tap the contact you want to add to your FaceTime Blocked list. And the number or email will not be able to contact you through FaceTime.
How to Block a Number/Contact Via Messages:
- Go to Settings > Messages. On the next screen, you will find the menu for the Messages application.
- Then tap Blocked Contacts. Here you will see all the Blocked numbers that will not be able to send you any messages.
- Tap Add New. From here you will be redirected to your Contacts list.
- Tap the contact you want to add to your Messages Blocked list. That number will not be able to send you messages anymore.
- Go to your Home screen and tap Messages. Here you will find all the SMS and MMS messages you’ve received or sent.
- Open the conversation with the contact you want to block.
- Tap the arrow beside the contact number at the top of the conversation or message thread. A small menu will pop up that contains the options for audio, FaceTime, and info.
- Tap info. You will be redirected to the contact’s Detail screen.
- Tap that small arrow to the right of the number. The Details screen will then expand to display more possible actions you can do with that number.
- Next, tap Block this Caller near the bottom of the screen. Then, tap Block Contact to confirm the action. Same as with other methods, you can choose to change your mind here and tap Cancel instead.
How to Unblock a Number
You can unblock a number by following these instructions if you unintentionally blocked one that you weren’t authorized to:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Phone.
- Selected Blocked Contacts.
- Find the number, swipe left, and tap Unblock.