TikTok is one of the apps you should be using if you’re using social media to advertise your business.
One of the best methods to encourage people to learn more about your brand or even buy things is by including a link in your TikTok bio.
However, you must have at least 1,000 followers to be able to add a link to your TikTok bio. A business account is also required to add a link to your TikTok bio.
To convert to a business account and add a link to your TikTok bio, follow these steps.
What is a TikTok bio link?
You can point users to an external website from your profile by including a bio link.
This can be your personal website, YouTube channel, Twitter account, or any other website you desire.
Why should you add a TikTok bio?
Your other platforms can be shared in your TikTok bio, which is helpful for letting users get to know you better.
TikTok is a formidable marketing tool for attracting younger audiences, and for TikTok creators, it may be crucial to provide information on how to get in touch with possible partners.
How to add a link to your bio on TikTok
You must first switch to a business account and have at least 1,000 followers in order to add a link to your TikTok bio.
Switch to a TikTok business account
It costs nothing to switch to a business account, and you can alternate between it and a personal account as you see fit. Business accounts have fewer options for playing videos that contain music or noises that aren’t authorized for commercial use.
- Open TikTok and tap on Profile at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines in the top-right corner.
- This will take you to the Settings and Privacy page. Tap Manage account.
- Tap Switch to Business Account.
- You’ll be taken to a page that breaks down what a business account offers. Tap Next, choose a category that suits your business on the next page, and tap Next again.
- Back on your profile page, tap Edit profile, and tap the Website to add a hyperlink to your site.
Add a link to the TikTok bio
Now, you can go ahead and put your desired link in your TikTok bio.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the TikTok homepage.
- Tap Edit profile. If you see the Website option, select it to add a hyperlink to whatever you want to promote. If you don’t see this option, you have to switch your personal account to a business account, which we detail below.