Until they tag you back in humiliating posts or begin talking about your life elsewhere in the comments, tagging your buddies in the comments area sounds like fun. When things get heated, you may want to leave the situation, but Facebook’s commenting mechanism prevents you from doing so. Up until the topic is complete, you are still labeled. You can stop waiting for that now. It turns out that you can now delete comment tags from Facebook, and this post will teach you how to do so.
Remove Tag from Facebook comments on Web or Desktop:
If someone has tagged you in a Facebook comment and you don’t want to be there, just follow these easy steps to take the tag out of the comment:
- Open the comment from where you want to remove yourself, hover over the comment, and three dots will appear
- Click the three dots menu and then click ‘Give feedback or report this comment
- In the next pop-up, select ‘Spam’
- After selecting ‘Spam,’ click the ‘Next’ button
- Select ‘Remove the tag’ in the next pop-up
- Select the ‘Remove the tag’ button again and wait for the comment to be removed
- After the tag is successfully removed, click ‘Done,’ and the tag will be removed
Remove tag from Facebook comments on Phone
To remove the Facebook comment tag, follow the steps below on your smartphone:
1. Navigate to the comment where your friends tagged you
Open the comment where your friend has tagged you.
2. Tap and hold till more options appear on the screen
Tap the comment for a while and wait for the pop-up to appear.
3. Select ‘Find Support or Report Comment
Find this option at the bottom of the new options that appear and select to proceed.
4. On the next screen, which is the ‘Report’ screen, select ‘Spam’
On the new screen, select ‘Spam’ and it will take you to the next step.
5. On the next screen, find and click the ‘Submit’ button
6. On the next screen, find and select the ‘Remove tag’ option
Find the “Remove tag” option and select to remove the tag from the comment.
7. On this screen, click the ‘Remove Tag’ button
8. You’ll be removed from the comment
You will be untagged from that particular comment after following these simple steps.
Facebook will discretely take your name and other information out of the comment where your buddy tagged you. You can only get rid of that by consulting your friend. Facebook’s mobile and web versions also support this technique. The same procedures work on any device to get rid of Facebook comment tags.
So, in case your friend tagged you in a comment, this is how you may untag yourself. To get an idea, view the video below.