Around 800 million people use Facebook Marketplace, a well-liked tool incorporated into the social network, each month to buy and sell goods and services.
The following techniques are available for free direct access from within Facebook to the Facebook Marketplace service:
- Facebook website: Click the Marketplace link on the main menu on the left side of the screen.
- Facebook apps: Tap the icon that looks like three horizontal lines to open the secondary menu and then tap on Marketplace. If you can’t see the link, it may be hidden under the See More link. Tap on it to view all the menu options.
While the two ways mentioned above are typically effective in locating Facebook Marketplace, a technical issue or account restriction may cause the choice to vanish entirely.
Here’s everything you need to know about adding Marketplace to Facebook and restoring the appearance of that icon on the Facebook website and in the apps.
Reasons Why the Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing
There are several possible reasons why the Facebook Marketplace icon could not be visible after opening the Facebook website or app.
- You’re under 18. Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon doesn’t appear.
- You’re in an unsupported country. Traveling to a country that Facebook Marketplace doesn’t support may also cause the option to disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- Your device isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace works only on iPhone 5 or later, Android, and iPad devices. It does not work on iPod touch.
- Your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace has been known to not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- It’s hidden in the dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook app is active and displays shortcuts to the Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear. Tap the three-line icon in the main menu to see more Facebook services.
- Your access has been revoked by Facebook. This can happen if you used Marketplace in a way that violates its policies or standards.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
There are various things you can attempt to make Facebook Marketplace appear if you currently don’t have it after signing into Facebook.
Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app on your mobile device.
Here’s how to uninstall apps on iOS and how to uninstall apps on Android devices.
Change your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace. Go to your Facebook profile, click About, and click the plus sign to add a city or Edit to change your current city.
Use a new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake made-to-sell product, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked.
Visit the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
I Can’t Find the Facebook Marketplace App
Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger both have their apps, but Facebook Marketplace only works with the main Facebook app and website. The Facebook main app is all you need to access Facebook Marketplace if you’re installing apps on a new phone or tablet.
There is no official Facebook Marketplace app for Android or iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad that can be downloaded.
It’s possible that the standalone Facebook Marketplace app you previously used was an unapproved one. Third-party Facebook Marketplace apps are popular but not necessary and frequently offer less functionality than the core Facebook app.