Whether you’re new to social media or are just looking for a refresher, this Facebook marketing guide will help you better understand and leverage the power of Facebook as a marketing tool. There are over 2 billion users on Facebook — that’s approximately one-fifth of the world’s population.
If you have a business, that means there are lots of potential customers on Facebook. The trick is getting them to notice your page so they can follow it and ultimately become your customers. With this in mind, we’ll walk you through why you should care about Facebook marketing and how to get started.
What is Facebook Marketing?
Facebook marketing is the process of growing your business and increasing sales by leveraging Facebook to attract and convert customers. It involves creating content, such as posts and videos, that informs or inspires your customers, and using paid or organic tactics to get that content in front of the right audience at the right time. Facebook marketing comes in two forms:
- Organic – This is any kind of Facebook marketing that isn’t paid. You do this by creating compelling and useful content that your customers find interesting. You’re trying to get people to like your page so they can see future posts.
- D paid Facebook marketing – This is when you pay to have your ad shown to a highly targeted group of people who are most likely to purchase your product.
Facebook Marketing Basics
- Facebook users spend more time on the site than any other social network. People are spending more and more time on Facebook, so it’s a great place to promote your business.
- Facebook has over 2 billion monthly users, with about 1 billion using it daily. The average user spends 40 minutes per day on Facebook. People are spending more time on Facebook, and you have a chance to get in front of them and get them to like your page.
- Facebook users are 67% more likely to purchase a product after clicking on a Facebook ad. If you want to grow your business, you need to be advertising on Facebook.
- 60% of people who consume content on social media trust the information they find there. When you share content on Facebook to inform and inspire your audience, you’ll see better engagement and sales as a result.
- 79% of B2B marketers use social media for content marketing. If you’re not using Facebook to share your content, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to grow your business.
- Facebook is great for building your brand and getting new leads. But you need to create a marketing strategy first.
- A solid Facebook marketing strategy will help you get more likes, build trust, and increase your sales.
- You can create a Facebook marketing strategy with little upfront investment. The best part is you can test what works and adjust along the way.
Create Your Facebook Marketing Strategy
- First, you have to decide what you want to accomplish with your Facebook marketing campaign. Are you trying to grow your followers? Increase engagement? Get more leads?
- Once you’ve decided what to focus on, you can create a strategy to achieve one or more of those goals.
- Your Facebook marketing strategy should include short- and long-term goals, as well as a high-level description of how you plan to reach those goals.
- Break down your goals into smaller, actionable tasks. If you want to grow your followers, create a Facebook marketing plan with tasks like creating a Facebook page, creating a compelling cover image and bio, and publishing content to your page.
- It’s important to evaluate your Facebook marketing strategy on a regular basis. If something isn’t working, you need to figure out why, make adjustments, and try something new.
How to Use Facebook Ads to Grow Your Business
- Facebook ads are a great way to drive traffic to your website and boost sales. You can target your ads based on demographic information and past online behavior, which makes them highly effective.
- Facebook ads can be used to promote your Facebook page or a particular product or service. You can also use Facebook ads to drive traffic to your sign up form.
- You can create different ads for each of your products or services. This will help you create a lot of customer interest, which will increase your sales.
- You can also use Facebook ads to drive traffic to your website, which is a great way to boost your leads.
- If you want to use Facebook ads, you’ll need a budget, a plan, and a few pieces of information, such as your URL and the call to action.
5 Tips for Better Facebook Marketing
- Create a compelling cover image and page bio. People will only spend a few seconds deciding if they want to follow your page. Make sure your cover image and bio are interesting enough to get their attention.
- Post regularly. People will follow you if they want to see your content. Be consistent with your posting schedule so they know when to expect new posts from you.
- Post engaging content. You want to inspire and inform your audience. Post content that will get people talking, but also make them want to keep coming back for more.
- Respond to comments and questions. This shows that you’re an engaged and active member of the community. It will also give you the opportunity to connect with your audience on a more personal level.
- Engage with your followers. This means liking, commenting on, and sharing other posts from your followers. This will help you get more followers, too.
Facebook Content Marketing
- Facebook is the largest social network in the world. It’s a great place to host contests, ask questions, and get feedback.
- If you want to grow your engagement, you need to create and share content that will inspire and inform your audience.
- You can also create content that inspires your customers to take action. You do this by making it easy to click the “like” button and “buy” button.
- You can also use a combination of these strategies to build your audience. You can host a contest, ask a question, get feedback, and inspire your customers to take action.
- You should also create a strategy for which content to create and when to share it. You can’t post everything at once, so you have to be strategic about what you post, when you post it, and how often.
Growing your Audience with Facebook Ads
- Before you start creating ads, you need to understand your audience. You want to know who they are, where they live, and what they’re interested in. This will help you create more targeted ads.
- You should be able to describe your target audience in a sentence or two. Once you know who you’re targeting, it’s time to create your ad.
- Keep your ad between 30 and 90 seconds, and make sure it links to a landing page where people can take action.
- You’ll need a budget to start running ads. Facebook will let you know how much your ads will cost based on your targeting, timing, and the number of people who will see your ad.
- Once you’ve created your ad and set a budget, you can start targeting and scheduling your ads. You can also test different ad variations to see what works best.
Why is Facebook marketing important?
- We already talked about how much time people spend on Facebook. If you’re not spending time marketing to your customers there, you’re missing out on opportunities.
- More and more people are turning to social media for their news, and Facebook is the preferred platform.
- For marketers, this shift in how people consume content means a few important things. First, it means you have to spend more time marketing on social media.
- Second, it means that you have more opportunities to talk to your customers and potential customers.
- Third, it means that you have more tools at your disposal for reaching and engaging with your audience.
Facebook Ads: A Guide for Beginners
If you’re just getting started with Facebook ads, you’ll have to choose between two types of ads:
- Facebook ads are either triggered by a dollar amount (CPM) or a click (CPC). You can also use a combination of both. CPM or cost per thousand impressions is when Facebook charges you based on how many people see your ads. CPC or cost per click is where Facebook charges you based on how many people click on your ads.