You can start producing Shoppable Instagram Posts and a Facebook Shop by setting up a Facebook Catalogue. Additionally, you can use it to set up specific product Facebook ads so you can retarget visitors to your business who browsed but did not buy the items they saw.
By setting up your product feed as described below, you may automatically send every item in your Create store to a Facebook catalog.
Once this is configured, Facebook will periodically check the feed and update any information, including changes to the stock levels, prices, or product descriptions on your website. By doing this, your Facebook page’s Facebook shop will continually be updated.
Facebook Catalogue Product Requirements
The following details are necessary before you may effectively display a product on Facebook. As stated below, you must make sure you have provided all the necessary information for the products displayed in your Create store:
On the Product Information tab
Title – Enter the name of your product
Short Description – Include a brief description of your product. If this is left blank Facebook will use the first part of your long description.
Long Description – Include the content for your product
Product Condition – Ensure the condition of your product is set to New, Used, or Refurbished. You can also set a default for all your products in the Shop Settings area
Price – Enter the sale price of your product
On the Product Identifiers tab
Brand – Specify the brand of your product. This is a required field so we recommend entering your company name if the product does not have a brand (if they are handmade, for example). Set a Default Brand.
Google Category – Choose the category which is most relevant to your product as Facebook will use this for understanding the type of products in your shop. Set a Default Google Category
On the Product Image Upload
Main Product Photo – Ensure you have a good quality high-resolution photo of at least 600 x 600 pixels.
How to Create a Facebook Product Catalogue
Before continuing, please confirm that you have added all of the necessary product identifiers to each and every one of your goods, as stated at the beginning of this article.
- . Go to Meta Business Suite
2. Select Commerce from the left-hand menu
3. Click + Add Catalog at the bottom of the page
4. Select Ecommerce and click Next
5. Leave Upload Product Info selected
6. If you manage multiple business pages you’ll need to select the catalog owner from the drop-down list
7. Give your catalogue a recognizable name
8. Click the Create button to complete the setup and on the next page press the View Catalogue button
How to Set Up Your Facebook Product Catalogue Feeds
You must configure the Replace Feed Details Feed and the Update Feed Details Feed in order to construct a Facebook Catalogue. The Feed URLs from Create are copied into Facebook in order to accomplish this.
Your Facebook Product Catalogue and your Create stock are always properly in sync thanks to the Replace Feed Details URL. Additionally, your Facebook Catalogue will no longer contain any deleted items from your Create Shop. Your Facebook Catalogue simply has to be updated once a day to be functional. However, you can always ask for a manual refresh from your Facebook Commerce Manager if you need to.
To regularly manage your product data, utilize the Update Feed Details URL. This feed will routinely update your product details throughout the day, including prices, descriptions, and stock, to ensure that your Facebook Catalogue is always up to date.
The feed URLs are located in your Create account at:
- . Log in to your Create account
2. Click on Shop on the top menu
3. Click on Product Promotion in the left menu
4. Click on the tab Facebook Catalogue
You’ll require the Replace Feed Details for your goods’ initial setup in the next steps. To your clipboard, copy this.
5. In the Commerce Manager, click Manage from the right-hand side in the Data Sources box
6. Choose the Data Feed option and press the Next button
7. When prompted “Are you ready to upload your spreadsheet or file?“, select Yes and then click Next.
8. Select the Use a URL tab, enter the Replace Feed Details found in your Create account in the box labeled Enter URL and press the Next button
9. Select Daily in the update schedule on the next screen, and choose the time you’d like the feed to be collected each day by Facebook. Press the Next button to continue.
N.B. You can ask for an immediate catalog refresh in the Product Data Sources section if you frequently alter your products and want Facebook to update right away rather than waiting for your daily planned period.
10. Review your selections, you may also need to change your default currency here.
11. Press the Save Feed & Upload button.
Note: Facebook will now get your merchandise. Please be aware that your Long Product Description may contain HTML warnings. Here, Facebook removes any formatting from your website in order to conform to the specifications of its platform. You can ignore this since it will not have an impact on how well your library performs.
Once finished, you must configure your Update feed so that Facebook receives hourly updates on any changes to products and stock levels.
12. Open the Settings tab on the Data Sources screen
13. Scroll down and click the button labeled + Update Schedule
14. Select Hourly for the frequency
15. Switch OFF Automatic Updates. This is taken care of by your feed.
16. Head back to Create and copy the Update Feed Details URL to your clipboard
17. Go back to Commerce Manager and paste your URL into the highlighted field
18. Click the Save button to store this information
As soon as Facebook has finished processing your upload, you will be able to check the status of your product and receive an email. You can use this to develop a Facebook shop, make Instagram shopping pins, or begin promoting your products on Facebook once your products have been successfully added to the Facebook catalog.